Euro players no more?

Aug 23, 2024
2,377
5,312
113
At what point did it become ok for paid professional basketball players to play in the NCAA?
Going back to the Enid Kanter days, he was not allowed to play.
It is Enes and plenty of guys who have been paid to play in Europe were allowed to play NCAA BB then clear up to now. That POS Mark Emmert just had a personal vendetta against Enes and UK. It is pretty well 100% he would have been eligible had he stayed committed to Washington.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Cowtown Cat

SkyPrince

All-Conference
Jul 7, 2025
662
1,098
93
Euro pro players would never win a court case against the NCAA.
A signed NIL deal has nothing to do with NCAA eligibility.
That is entirely between the school and player.
None of these Euro's got NCAA clearance before the deals were signed.
This is a clear case of schools trying to ram things down the NCAA 's throat and daring them to do something about it.
The NCAA is calling the schools bluff.
If a Euro wants to play in NCAA CBB they need to transfer to an American HS when they are of HS age.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Cowtown Cat

SkyPrince

All-Conference
Jul 7, 2025
662
1,098
93
There are far too many deals already inked for next season for the NCAA to do anything about it. I could see a rule being implemented for the 2027-2028 season but I doubt that as well. The NCAA doesn't want the legal headache it would bring if they tried to immediately implement this.
That makes no sense.
A signed NIL deal does not guarantee eligibility.
 

Rainmaker

All-Conference
May 13, 2015
1,569
4,532
113
That makes no sense.
A signed NIL deal does not guarantee eligibility.
No one said it did, but it’s common sense that lawsuits would fly everywhere and the NCAA can’t afford to fight them.

Player A got paid 2 million in NiL last year and transferred to new college.

Player B made 100k in Europe and is denied eligibility.

Thats a recipe for the easiest court win ever for the player and his agent. Being from Europe isn’t a scapegoat to deny eligibility and every college player is being paid now so it won’t hold up. Then what about Euros who played last year in college and got paid are they magically ineligible too? And if not why? It’s a can of worms the NCAA can’t afford to open.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Anon267536

Rainmaker

All-Conference
May 13, 2015
1,569
4,532
113
Some of you all are funny talking about paid Euro players shouldn’t be allowed to play college ball where kids are getting paid much more.
This is 💯. Only restriction I could see being able to be enforced without lawsuits would be an age restriction.
 

Bruce9

Senior
Jul 31, 2025
373
408
63
I’m ready to see our ladies play this year and would hate to lose our euro girl. She’s awesome from all I’ve saw of her and would make us a contender this season. I know most are only thinking about the men’s game but it would hurt a lot of programs if it happens. I hope you’re right.
She will be fine
 

Noledynasty2490

All-American
Jul 31, 2022
4,366
7,963
113
Zero chance this gets enforced for this year. The lawsuits would be outrageous.
 

Noledynasty2490

The Battles's End Collective Member

The Battle's End enables FSU athletes to maximize the value of their NIL. Click Here to Sign Up

SkyPrince

All-Conference
Jul 7, 2025
662
1,098
93
No one said it did, but it’s common sense that lawsuits would fly everywhere and the NCAA can’t afford to fight them.

Player A got paid 2 million in NiL last year and transferred to new college.

Player B made 100k in Europe and is denied eligibility.

Thats a recipe for the easiest court win ever for the player and his agent. Being from Europe isn’t a scapegoat to deny eligibility and every college player is being paid now so it won’t hold up. Then what about Euros who played last year in college and got paid are they magically ineligible too? And if not why? It’s a can of worms the NCAA can’t afford to open.
They took on Beddiako and Aguilar and won.
I don't think they would back down from a Euro pro trying to force his way into CBB.
Your stance is the NCAA doesn't have the right to enact a new rule or that somehow what was in place last year has to stay in place.
 

SkyPrince

All-Conference
Jul 7, 2025
662
1,098
93
No one said it did, but it’s common sense that lawsuits would fly everywhere and the NCAA can’t afford to fight them.

Player A got paid 2 million in NiL last year and transferred to new college.

Player B made 100k in Europe and is denied eligibility.

Thats a recipe for the easiest court win ever for the player and his agent. Being from Europe isn’t a scapegoat to deny eligibility and every college player is being paid now so it won’t hold up. Then what about Euros who played last year in college and got paid are they magically ineligible too? And if not why? It’s a can of worms the NCAA can’t afford to open.
Player A still maintained amutuer status while player B didn't.
NIL or rev share doesn't officially makes NCAA CBB a professional league.
The Euro leagues are officially pro leagues.
 

JASUN74

All-American
May 22, 2008
3,635
5,286
73
She will be fine
I sure hope so. If they were to put that rule in place this season, I’m sure Kenny would get another good one, but man this girl gives us a real deal chance to win the SEC this year. If you win the SEC, you have a top five team. I think they’ll get to play this season to.
 

Dr.LutherSan

All-American
Sep 6, 2019
4,373
8,849
113
It is Enes and plenty of guys who have been paid to play in Europe were allowed to play NCAA BB then clear up to now. That POS Mark Emmert just had a personal vendetta against Enes and UK.
Say what you want about the guy, but the NCAA wouldn't be the s***hole that it is right now if Emmert wasn't forced out. Now the NCAA cares as much as a high school kid working the Cinemark box office when I bring in a carton of Whoppers.
 

BellyBall

Junior
Jul 18, 2020
153
358
63
Haven't the courts ruled before that the NCAA can set their own eligibility requirements? Maybe I am misremembering. Either way this seems like an easy win for NCAA. This has nothing to do with players getting paid which is where they lost at every turn. Players can't argue their rights are being violated if they are ineligible in the first place.
 

DWDwildcat47

Junior
May 4, 2020
193
372
63
Euro pro players would never win a court case against the NCAA.
A signed NIL deal has nothing to do with NCAA eligibility.
That is entirely between the school and player.
None of these Euro's got NCAA clearance before the deals were signed.
This is a clear case of schools trying to ram things down the NCAA 's throat and daring them to do something about it.
The NCAA is calling the schools bluff.
If a Euro wants to play in NCAA CBB they need to transfer to an American HS when they are of HS age.
Most of the foreign players have already been cleared
 

Anon267536

Junior
May 13, 2026
127
210
43
I can’t see any way where this goes through this year. Literally half of all D1 basketball schools would sue the **** out of the ncaa and they just can’t afford it.

so calm down Ndiaye will play next year but I’m not sure about the year after
 
  • Like
Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Aug 23, 2024
2,377
5,312
113
Say what you want about the guy, but the NCAA wouldn't be the s***hole that it is right now if Emmert wasn't forced out. Now the NCAA cares as much as a high school kid working the Cinemark box office when I bring in a carton of Whoppers.
What Emmert did to UK and Enes was utterly crooked and inconsistent. I am not buying for a second that he was some paradigm of integrity that was holding everything together. This current situation is far more driven by court decisions than Emmert's ouster.
 
Jul 6, 2025
2,313
6,692
113
What Emmert did to UK and Enes was utterly crooked and inconsistent. I am not buying for a second that he was some paradigm of integrity that was holding everything together. This current situation is far more driven by court decisions than Emmert's ouster.

Agree. Iirc enes and a Clemson guy was on the exact same team. Clemson guy was eligible, enes was not.