Recent content by whitleyre

  1. W

    Northwest 3A-4A conference games

    Earlier in the year I had serious reservations about how Mt Airy Varsity Football Team would perform this year. The reservations centered on: quality of returning players; talent level of previous year's JV players; and the maturity level/development of the coaching staff. Let me share how...
  2. W

    Northwest 3A-4A conference games

    I did not do too bad in my forecasting, I missed Mt Airy over North Surry, I said 28 and they actually won by 30. Mt Airy did have all 36 in the first half and had a running clock to begin the 3rd qt.
  3. W

    NPC Week 7

    The Swinners in their home pool will not have any waves except the ones they make diving into the endzone, repeatedly. This is a team and coaching staff that understand one game at a time, one play at a time. They will not be on a high from two weeks before, will not be looking ahead to...
  4. W

    Northwest 3A-4A conference games

    The Conference season opens this Friday night and with only 6 teams that means only 3 games to look at. 3A Mt Airy 3-2 travels across the creek to 4A North Surry, 3-2 4A West Stokes 2-3 host 4A Forbush 3-2 3A Surry Central 0-5 host 3A East Surry 1-4 My best guess is Mt Airy is not real kind...
  5. W

    Mt Airy vs Jefferson forest

    Just saw this morning that Massey now has Jefferson Forest as rated as the # 8 team in Virginia and has only allowed 7 points to be scored against them.
  6. W

    Lake Norman Football

    I just watched LN and Reagan via HighschoolOT. What a game! And Kaden Craft is cool as cool can be. Good receivers if not great receivers. Coaching???? Well not to give them a big head, BUT they did might good job throughout that game.
  7. W

    West Charlotte vs Mallard Creek 9/25

    I would like to believe West Charlotte wins but my gut tells me the Creek is just too deep for this West Charlotte team.
  8. W

    Northwest 3A/4A Conference 09-18 Games

    At the mid point in the season, if I view Mt Airy vs Mt Airy of the past 20 years, Mt Airy is good but far from great. But if I view them against the team they have played so far this year, the evaluation is much kinder. A very young Bear team gave Starmount the game (and yes Starmount had to...
  9. W

    Lake Norman Vs Reagan

    I wish I could have been in two places at the same time, so I could have watched this game as well as the one I did watch. Not sure who wins this game most out of 10 tries. but Lake Norman did make a statement in their last two minutes of this game. Reagan certainly showed they belong in the...
  10. W

    Northwest 3A/4A Conference 09-18 Games

    Well, what a bad night this was for the Northwest Conference teams!!!! WELL, maybe ok for a couple. Mt Airy went into 6A St Stephens and fought off an hour-long downpour delay, a really fired up St Stephens group and the 2nd or 3rd worse officiating crew I have seen in years! They (the...
  11. W

    SMC/WHC jv thread

    jV or varsity?
  12. W

    Lake Norman Vs Reagan

    Would you give some of your thoughts on this game, please. Thanks.
  13. W

    Northwest 3A/4A Conference 09-18 Games

    One pretty significant portal transfer from Mt Airy.
  14. W

    Northwest 3A/4A Conference 09-18 Games

    Interesting week in the Northwest: 3A 2-2 Mt Airy travels to 6A 1-3 Stephens I will take Mt Airy to continue towards the conference battle as the Bears find a way to defeat St Stephens. 4A 3-1 North Surry travels to 3A and 1-3 Northwood I did not see anything that told me Northwood...
  15. W

    Mt Airy vs Jefferson forest

    I am SportsNut 17, but your continued put down of Mt Airy and its fans is just a whole lot too much. You said "I am sure I will get accused of Mt. Airy bashing, but 11 D 1 commits are un heard of". You please look at any of the Charlotte Observer reports leading up to and including reporting of...
On3

Latest

  1. 01 College Football Playoff College Football Bowl Projections Week 6: Full list of matchups, playoff predictions
  2. 02 On3 Football Hot seat intel: Where things stand at South Carolina, TCU & more
  3. 03 College Football Playoff College Football Playoff prediction: Alabama rises after road win, Northwestern enters the bracket
  4. 04 Rivals Football Recruiting Oklahoma State is surging with former Big Ten commit -- and a visit is set
  5. 05 On3 Greg McElroy: Keelon Russell 'might be the best quarterback in the country by season's end'