Recent content by Wayne Dougan

  1. Wayne Dougan

    To the AP pollsters…….

    Another interesting thing in that poll is that nobody within 6 spots of us lost. The highest ranked team that lost was Miss St at #16. They lost roughly as bad as we did against Bama, and their best win was Missouri which looks a lot better this week than last. So really, you can make an...
  2. Wayne Dougan

    To the AP pollsters…….

    Last week we had a total of 150 points (but were ranked 24). This week we had a total of 160 points (and we were "ranked" 26). So we actually got more votes. We likely didn't get dropped by too many people. Instead, they just elevated Missouri and Pitt.
  3. Wayne Dougan

    Move on

    I also think you have a shelf life for coaching and it varies by the man. For example, I thought Tubby was really good for a few years but fell off really fast. Stoops mailed it in the last few years because he lost the passion.
  4. Wayne Dougan

    Move on

    In my opinion Stoops was cooking from 2018-2021... ... then Levis got hurt and 2022 started to be a bust... ... and then he expected to get better offers and didn't... ... and then mailed it in. I think the A&M thing really hurt him. And rightfully so on both sides of it. Imagine getting...
  5. Wayne Dougan

    NBA: Ron Jeremy signs with the Houston Rockets

    The tournament game was not on Reed. It was on Cal. What I didn't appreciate is the money grab team Sheppard did when they sold a "meet and greet" with Reed Sheppard at Rupp after the season (and a couple days before he decided to go pro). But lastly, Reed was the 3rd pick in the draft...
  6. Wayne Dougan

    NBA: Ron Jeremy signs with the Houston Rockets

    Whatever he can do to take the attention away from his lack of production I guess.
  7. Wayne Dougan

    Vandy-NC State ending

    The coach was asking him to do something very unnatural: run around in the end zone and try to not go down for six seconds. He got hit weird too which is what caused the fumble, again by being in an unnatural position. If I were ranking what they should have done there, here's the order in...
  8. Wayne Dougan

    Vandy-NC State ending

    Maybe he was live betting it? ;)
  9. Wayne Dougan

    Darby

    To be fair to Darby it wasn't a drop. It was a fumble. ;)
  10. Wayne Dougan

    FB: Sunday after The Huge Win

    This thread is proof that On3 is trying to kill Rupp Rafters.
  11. Wayne Dougan

    Vandy-NC State ending

    Originally I thought it they should have punted it, but there's a new rule this year that if you fair catch a punt you can have an uncontested free kick from the spot for a field goal. Meaning, let's say they punted it and Vandy caught it at the 40. If they did a fair catch, they could kick a...
  12. Wayne Dougan

    Where does this win rank for you?

    To me it's a very odd win to rank. I was going to say #1, but I forgot about that Penn State win. Also, the original Florida win was more important. It's more than 15 years ago, but I'd rank LSU and UofL as more exciting too. But to give my perspective, this is easily the most satisfying...
  13. Wayne Dougan

    Vandy-NC State ending

    The dropped TD pass (which likely was a fumble) by UK on Saturday was a very Kentucky football kind of play. The fact that a) Stein didn't let that get them down and b) the receiver who dropped it came back and had a huge day showed me that we might be in a new era of UK football.
  14. Wayne Dougan

    Comparison: Mark Pope vs Scott Drew over the past two (2) seasons

    A transformational coach is going to win wherever they go. That's why I am not a big fan of Pope. He didn't show that he could consistently win prior to being at UK. He says the right things, but delivering on them is not the same thing.
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football It may be now or never for Oklahoma coach Brent Venables, quarterback John Mateer
  2. 02 On3 Football First-year head coaches are winning now, and Year 1 expectations have changed
  3. 03 Sports Predictions College football Polymarket predictions: Staples’ best trades of Week 6
  4. 04 Rivals Football Recruiting Josiah Boyd excited for weekend visit to Kentucky, "I love their quarterback development"
  5. 05 On3 Basketball College Basketball Rankings: Predicting the Preseason AP Poll Top 25 as 2026-27 season approaches