Recent content by Unclesammy

  1. U

    Start of Game(s)

    When you have a poor offense, why do you want the ball first ?
  2. U

    Seeing my first game vs Ohio ST, late 1950's closed circuit TV at KRNT theater in Des Moines

    Back then, KRNT radio, 1350, with Al Coupee and WHO radio, 1040, with Jim Zabel did the broadcasts for the Des Moines market. I generally listened to the live broadcast on KRNT and the rebroadcast on WHO at 10:30 on Saturday night.
  3. U

    When IOWA scores 20 pts vs a Top 10 team, they WIN

    I have him on ignore, but I don't think logic ever gets in the way of his arguments.
  4. U

    When IOWA scores 20 pts vs a Top 10 team, they WIN

    I can almost guarantee that Eyes won't agree.
  5. U

    When IOWA scores 20 pts vs a Top 10 team, they WIN

    Very astute observation. I had basically the same opinion but was reluctant to post it.
  6. U

    What's the problem with the iowa run game ?

    We're not using any misdirection or deception. We're generally trying to block 5-8 defenders with 5 blockers. Running on first down most of the time doesn't help.
  7. U

    University of Iowa Football Great John Niland Has Died

    Off a little, Noonan and Niland finished in the mid 60's. Podolak and Lawrence's big year was 1968 when Eddie was a running back.
  8. U

    2027 Recruiting

    Better than politics!
  9. U

    Anybody go to the coaching clinic over the weekend?

    Short speech at clinic, Run. The. Ball.
  10. U

    expectation for next year and waxing philosophical

    With a stud point guard and more skilled players, we will probably play at a faster pace.
  11. U

    VOTE: Illinois or IOWA? Which team advances to the Final Four? Illinois opens as 6.5 point favorite

    I voted Iowa, but somehow it was recorded as an Illinois vote!
  12. U

    **please move to OT board** Anyone here have a kid go to Iowa State?

    I had 1 graduate from Iowa, one from Iowa State, and I from Cal Tech.
  13. U

    ***Iowa HS Boys State Basketball Tournament***

    Johnston also got a technical in the first half when they were making 3's for excessive celebration.
  14. U

    Other Games

    Is this pay for play?
  15. U

    Should Coach do the doublecross and have the team shoot early in the shot clock?

    If shooting earlier produces a better shot which produces a higher shooting percentage, I'm for that. Unfortunately, some of our guys routinely miss wide open shots.
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football 15 thoughts after Week 5: Keelon Russell becoming a star, murky SEC race & more
  2. 02 On3 Football On3 Heisman Trophy Poll: Top 10 player rankings after Week 5
  3. 03 On3 Football True Freshman Standouts from Week 5 of College Football
  4. 04 On3 Football Todd McShay: Keelon Russell 'on trajectory' to join Andrew Luck as only players with 99 NFL Draft grade
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting LSU intel: Where things stand with Easton Royal, Ahmad Hudson, more flip targets; Tigers pacing for an elite 2028 recruiting class