Recent content by uh-Clem

  1. U

    Oh How We’ve Grown

    Mike Reid 6’2” 245 lbs and Steve Smear 6’1’ 229 lbs were an intimidating pair of defensive tackles.
  2. U

    First game, Labor Day weekend. How is attendance affected?

    Jim…I highly recommend The Peloponnesian War by Donald Kagan if you’re into the history of a place.
  3. U

    PSU guys cut in NFL

    only a TRO ( Temporary Restraining Order) preventing the SEC from enforcing their newly passed rule. He was a Louisiana based judge and it involves three LSU hopefuls. I think the case will be argued first week of September. Not a lawyer, but married one and father to another. I cannot see a...
  4. U

    FC: Buckeyes adding field level suites to the 'Shoe.

    I watched a UPenn game last October from the end zone field level Letterman’s tent at Franklin Field and like all field level views you miss action going toward or away from you, but see many of the holes opening for gains. The view is enjoyable as a novelty but I would not want to have that for...
  5. U

    AKB: Is opening your computer and cleaning the dust out of it viable for a civilian?

    There is a reason I don't have a hobby like flying planes...I tend to be haphazard at times and 5000 feet above terra firmament is not the place to do that. So instead of opening the back of my MacBook Pro to clean out the dust, I have an appointment at the Apple Genius Bar and let them do it...
  6. U

    Quitting Smoking

    Smoked a pack and a half a day for 45 years then quit almost 16 years ago. Very difficult but doable with the right mindset. Think about every day as a battle, not a war. Victorious armies may lose battles but they win the war eventually. That thinking got me over the hump every time I couldn’t...
  7. U

    RIP Lou Holtz - 89

    My father worked with Lou's brother-in-law Dan who was a very good football player growing up in eastern Ohio. Every year my dad would drive from Bucks County with Danny for a Notre Dame home game where they had sideline passes. And every year he would regale me with stories of Lou, and make my...
  8. U

    Reclassing? Reclassifying? An interesting article in today's Wall Street Journal about parents holding their straight A students back to repeat 8th

    I too was an end of year kid. At 17 I graduated high school at 6 ft, 165 lbs. and finished my freshman year at Penn State at 6' 6" and 215 lbs. Played guard on a bad high school basketball team.
  9. U

    OT: Cool math fact, about prime numbers.

    Thanks for reminding me why I was a Liberal Arts major, Jim.
  10. U

    RIP Sonny Jurgensen

    I played in a CYO All-Star basketball game in Lower Bucks County in late December 1963 or early 1964 and the Philadelphia Eagles shared our locker as they were playing a game right after us. When we walked in after our game, I saw Sonny Jurgensen sitting on the bench in nothing but his jock...
  11. U

    Need help with a cleavage issue

    Do you ever need a substitute teacher?
  12. U

    Book(s) you are currently reading.

    George Marshall: Defender of the Republic by David L. Roll He was a native son of Uniontown, PA., ranked first in his class at VMI, the Chief of Staff of the Army during WWII (there was no Joint Chiefs of Staff at the time), the first Five Star General in US history, special assistant to Truman...
  13. U

    40 Years Ago Today Challenger Exploded - Where were you?

    I had been watching the launch from my room in a Reno casino and left to meet a colleague in the lobby. The explosion happened as I was in the elevator so I arrived to see a commotion in the downstairs area to discover what had happened.
  14. U

    Diego Pavia's Official Height at Senior Bowl Significantly Shorter Than Vandy Listing

    Son was listed as 6’5” as offensive tackle at UPenn. He was really 6’7” and enjoyed the look on opponent’s defensive line when first lining up against them.
  15. U

    Grading Krafty

    No, and your ad hominem attacks contribute nothing. Kraft's decision to pull the plug when he did, and without a back up coach to announce, was the proximate cause of so many kids who would have stayed committed to Penn State during the fall to recommit resulting in a signing class of two...
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football Hot seat intel: Where things stand at South Carolina, TCU & more
  2. 02 College Football Playoff College Football Playoff prediction: Alabama rises after road win, Northwestern enters the bracket
  3. 03 On3 Football This Alabama team has the makings of Kalen DeBoer's best and most complete
  4. 04 Rivals Football Recruiting No. 1 OT Maui Tonata talks Arizona State visit; has Bama on deck, locks in two more game-day trips
  5. 05 On3 Football Keelon Russell downplays Heisman Trophy hype after outdueling Kamario Taylor