Recent content by ugabully

  1. U

    Dogs vs Tide Game Thread

    Well, they are today.
  2. U

    Dogs vs Tide Game Thread

    Agree. It's actually funny how quickly I went from no expectations to sort of expecting a win today. But it's a huge improvement over last year and I still think things are moving in the right direction.
  3. U

    Random Thought: Are there any ladies on SPS?

    I'm a woman and here too. (I swear too much and don't write enough thank you notes to be sure that I make the cut to "lady")
  4. U

    New Years Resolution - Mindfullness

    This last part about Mississippi State athletics should be a SixPack designed study in the fall. As far as your other content, some of it is excellent in terms of making sure that you make time for the stuff that really matters to you and not jumping on dumb self-help trends, other parts are...
  5. U

    New Years Resolution - Mindfullness

    Mindfulness can help with any kind of stress for whatever that's worth. I can't figure out the right about of caring about MSU sports. I want to enjoy feeling connected to it and enjoy the successes, but I hate that losses suppress my mood and that I'm actually capable of worrying about the...
  6. U

    New Years Resolution - Mindfullness

    I think some folks are going to be dismissive because of the woo aspect of how it's often described, but especially if you are stressed and have a hard time pivoting to paying attention to your loved ones when you get home, practicing how to reset yourself by being 100 in the current moment, IS...
  7. U

    Dukes Mayo Bowl

    Who is hurt and what happened? (Nevermind they told us coming out of break)
  8. U

    Dukes Mayo Bowl

    I am grateful for their efforts.
  9. U

    Players opting out of bowls was the beginning of the end

    If the point is to find the best team as champion, do we really want either team to have home field advantage? Wouldn't it be better to have neutral sites?
  10. U

    Players opting out of bowls was the beginning of the end

    So don't watch? How does allowing those programs a celebratory end to their season harm you or football in general? And keep the Liberty Bowl's name out your mouth with that stuff.
  11. U

    Players opting out of bowls was the beginning of the end

    Yep, and think about how crushing the expanded SEC scheduling is likely to be. Having something to look forward to at six wins vs. feeling like you had to finish in the top 12 or 16 or whatever and survive tie breakers to feel like your season was worthwhile. It just seems guaranteed to kill...
  12. U

    Players opting out of bowls was the beginning of the end

    Couldn't the mid-tier bowls still host the playoffs if we were willing to accept bowl weekends earlier in December or extending the playoff later into January? Maybe they were doomed to die out anyway because we've all gotten so comfortable watching games from home, but it just seems sad to...
  13. U

    Poll - What was more shocking?

    I don't believe the first part for this bowl. I can't see the breakdown of who gets what exactly, but I've seeing like 4.7 million. You also have to keep the guys you've got now, and this is a month of daily contact to keep them from being recruited away, but I think they have some fun at the...
  14. U

    Poll - What was more shocking?

    But if you have some guys that you want to retain, isn't working with those guys daily an opportunity? And isn't working with them good for keeping from doing some of the more ridiculous stuff college football players make the news for in the off season at least for a month? You aren't the one...
  15. U

    Bumphis - I heard this a few weeks ago but was asked to keep it quiet...

    Edit after reading the whole thread. Glad he got on at UNLV. Hoping for the best for him.
On3

Latest

  1. 01 College Football Playoff College Football Bowl Projections Week 6: Full list of matchups, playoff predictions
  2. 02 On3 Football Hot seat intel: Where things stand at South Carolina, TCU & more
  3. 03 College Football Playoff College Football Playoff prediction: Alabama rises after road win, Northwestern enters the bracket
  4. 04 On3 Football Matt Rhule makes cameo appearance in HBO's Lanterns finale
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting Oklahoma State is surging with former Big Ten commit -- and a visit is set