Recent content by TXnumbCAT

  1. T

    NUMB Rumor

    Gemini AI claims every FBS school has a pre-game marching band show.
  2. T

    NUMB Rumor

    There was a comment from the owner of the NUMBALUM Facebook page that said hopefully this will get worked out in future years, so it doesn’t sound like a first game issue.
  3. T

    NUMB Rumor

    I’m a NUMBALUMS and I will absolutely tell the ticket office and anybody who will listen that I am canceling my season tickets after this year if they kill the NUMB pregame show. they might not care in this new era, but it would be a slap in the face to everybody who supported the team during...
  4. T

    NUMB Rumor

    They've had a DJ in the stands for maybe a decade now.
  5. T

    NUMB Rumor

    Noise restrictions don't sound like a plausible reason. 1) The noise will be less than at the old stadium 2) NUMB is smaller and not that loud any more 3) Why would they be allowed to play at halftime then?
  6. T

    NUMB Rumor

    Internet message boards, right? :)
  7. T

    NUMB Rumor

    A guy on another website claims the new stadium won't have a NUMB pre-game show: https://www.insidenu.com/post/rxncCbhPHXAC Part of the theory is that game day operations are being run by a company that's private-equity-owned, and they want to maximize Jumbotron ads instead of letting the band...
  8. T

    Maybe this was posted before and I missed it - no seats for students?

    I saw an article the other day that said there will also be about 1000 regular seats for students who don’t want to stand on the wall seating.
  9. T

    Northwestern-UCLA Game Thread

    I was at the game, halfway up the lower level behind our bench. When he screamed TIME OUT!! after not getting the TO previously, it was super loud. I was also surprised he didn’t get a T. It’s crazy to me that UCLA is averaging only 5500 a game. And their student turnout is pathetic. They...
  10. T

    Why bowl games matter

    I think the announcers said CMU had 41 players from the state, which seems more realistic.
  11. T

    Was Wrigley considered a neutral site game?

    Is that because it's supposed to be Maryland's home game, but it's being played at Ford Field in Detroit? Yeah, I'm still bitter about that 1991 home game we sold to Ohio State fans in Cleveland.
  12. T

    Deal is close to done for UCLA to move from Rose Bowl to SoFi Stadium

    1) SoFi is half the distance away from campus 2) SoFi is a gorgeous stadium with shade and protection from rare rain
  13. T

    Black Uniforms

    No, not at all. I think Barnett copied Colorado because his son liked their black uniforms. See here: https://hailtopurple.com/features/black.html "Gary Barnett brought back the black in a big way in 1992, switching the team's jerseys to black for the first time ever. Of course, his reasons...
  14. T

    Game Thread: Northwestern vs. Nebraska

    How does that not count as a fumbled fair catch if our guy was blocked into the returner?
On3

Latest

  1. 01 College Football Playoff College Football Bowl Projections Week 6: Full list of matchups, playoff predictions
  2. 02 On3 Football Hot seat intel: Where things stand at South Carolina, TCU & more
  3. 03 College Football Playoff College Football Playoff prediction: Alabama rises after road win, Northwestern enters the bracket
  4. 04 On3 Football Matt Rhule makes cameo appearance in HBO's Lanterns finale
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting Oklahoma State is surging with former Big Ten commit -- and a visit is set