Yeah he made that up. For one I doubt four coaches would respond to him. Secondly, why would a current coach provide honest feedback about who he most fears.
Agree. Anything that isn’t specifically given in his contract should be striped. For example, I doubt his contract specifies where his office is or how big it is, so therefore, take it away. Give him a janitors closet and repurpose his current office in the Craft Center to now be the Volleyball...
I would also add, Mitch should fine Cal for every missed call-in show or media obligation and/or use it as leverage for a breach of contract. Take away his university credit card and make him submit travel vouchers or reimbursement requests for every dollar of university money he uses.
I think the leverage he does have is Mitch can fire everyone of Cal’s assistants and approve of any new hires. The key is to make it hell and impossible for Cal so he then moves on without agreeing to a reduced settlement.
I actually looked into this. I was curious how his title was specified in his contract. If his contract was “Head Basketball Coach” and not “Head Men’s Basketball Coach”, which it is, I think it could happen. If Mitch told him he was being retained but now coaching the women might be the...