Recent content by troutrus

  1. troutrus

    '26 Week 5 CFB games thread (10/1, /2, /3), excluding PSU

    Entertaining game with Coach Franklin losing a tough one. Ain‘t that a shame.
  2. troutrus

    60 years ago today

    You guys have good memories. I recall starting in ‘66 at Ogontz campus. Moved to main campus in fall ‘68 and placed in East Halls. Can’t remember the name of the building or which floor. Only that I was on a floor with a bunch of Navy ROTC guys including my room mate. Can’t remember his name...
  3. troutrus

    Lets discuss the Wisconsin game. Your concerns?

    Since I no longer bet on college games, I have no concerns. I was somewhat disappointed to see the game will not be on any of the hundred and thirty TV channels included in my plan. 🤨
  4. troutrus

    '26 Week 3 (9/17-19) CFB Games thread

    I’ve never liked Carolina, and with their new coach it’s especially enjoyable seeing them collapse. Only downside was I had the Heels in the pickem pool. 🙃
  5. troutrus

    NYT: Cost of Roster

    But $$$$ doesn’t guarantee success. e.g. Okie State loses to Tulsa in week one; comes back a week later and beats Oregon Quacks. Gotta love it.
  6. troutrus

    Film Study - PSU's Lack of Explosive Run Plays

    Not so amazing. TN fits right in with states at the bottom of this list. Our state (NC) legislators like to brag about how attractive we are to business. NC has been at the bottom of this list for the last seven years. Guessing it has something to do with a state’s history of slavery...
  7. troutrus

    Thoughts after the PSU - Marshall Game

    Didn’t get to see much, but was encouraged by how handily we beat the spread. If that trend continues, it may affect my betting strategy should I decide to partake. 🤔
  8. troutrus

    The Grand Experiment

    An earlier thread concerning how our program has changed seems to suggest that Paterno’s “Grand Experiment” idea may not be fully understood by some members of these forums. For those who are serious about learning more of what it was or was not, I believe this thesis may hold some interest...
  9. troutrus

    Oh How We’ve Grown

    I’m jealous.
  10. troutrus

    Oh How We’ve Grown

    I was thinking about my days at University Park and how successful our teams were at that time. Lots of excitement during the seasons for sure. Players living in dorms like everyday students. They used to be referred to as Student-Athletes. Dug out this old game program and noticed many players...
  11. troutrus

    Generic CFB Week 1 Games Thread, Sept 3-7

    Wake up 28 to Zip. If the Ramblin’ Wreck does well tonight, there will be no quieting the ACC fans after Carolina’s big win last week.
  12. troutrus

    Generic CFB Week 1 Games Thread, Sept 3-7

    The big game in our area has Wake Forest kicking some Zips butt in the second qtr.
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football It may be now or never for Oklahoma coach Brent Venables, quarterback John Mateer
  2. 02 On3 Football First-year head coaches are winning now, and Year 1 expectations have changed
  3. 03 Sports Predictions College football Polymarket predictions: Staples’ best trades of Week 6
  4. 04 On3 Football Tosh Lupoi reveals why Cal changed play callers during loss to UNLV
  5. 05 On3 Football CBS Sports reveals College Football Playoff bracket projection after Week 5