Recent content by toddhawk

  1. T

    Who know's best ....

    It's the standing joke we use in our family year-round for 20 years now (even though it's more true than funny): After further review, Touchdown Michigan. We use it during basketball, when watching other teams play, when my wife and I have a disagreement.. (that one doesn't go well for me....)
  2. T

    RBs 1 and 2 for first road game

    High ankle sprains are always tough to get back to 100% and take time. I'm guessing Philips gets another 2 weeks (especially with a bye next week).
  3. T

    The day this series ends will be a glorious day.

    All great points Lionhawk. I have family and friends that are ISU fans.. since they don't care about Kansas or Kansas State in football, they have no games at all that "move the needle for them" except Iowa. For Iowa fans, this game will always be behind Minnesota, Wisconsin and now Nebraska...
  4. T

    Khamari Moulton Injury?

    I love how some people on here are saying "next year with B1G officials, we need to turn the tables". How many B1G conference games have we watched over the years where Iowa catches a break? We don't go to Ann Arbor for 2 weeks but Michigan is already perfecting holding on every play without...
  5. T

    Imagine if we had Gronowski this year

    I guess it's fun to play the what if game. But we have who we have. Given that we are supposedly the "youngest most inexperienced team in the B1G", games like Saturday are priceless as our guys gain experience. Buffington had 7 tackles all last year (7?) and he had that before halftime. Guys...
  6. T

    Poll: Do you like the Cy-Hawk game?

    Missouri? No! They've weaseled out of games with us already.
  7. T

    Portal Transfer Tracker

    I don't remember where he went.
  8. T

    Two Deeps

    KFZ is not hard to read. He ran Brown out 1st at kids days for a reason and those reasons weren't going to change after that. He's smart enough to know running Brown out will not be a hit so why say anything. I do trust our Off Coordinator so I don't think this will be an issue long-term...
  9. T

    LA judge goes against NCAA and let's LSU take back two nfl tryout players

    The funny thing is that I suspect the SEC will get this case out of Louisiana and win the legal battle that conferences can establish eligibility rules and penalties. The judge saying these guys can play for LSU is one thing. Him then saying "and the conference can't do anything about it" I...
  10. T

    Two Deeps

    My guess, based on nothing but my gut, tells me that Kirk is starting Hank Brown and has known it for weeks. He knows that absolutely won't be popular so why announce it.
  11. T

    Sizzling Saturday

    2004 was an old-timers game and Drew Tate's 1st start. VERY hot that day as well.. Tate left the game with cramps. The home opener is the only time my wife goes with me and she says it's always hot. At least sitting in the west stands by kickoff we'll be in the shade.
  12. T

    Tory Taylor & Reggie Roby are the AP's All-Time Top 2 Punters (over last 100 years)

    The punt I think being referred to came against Nebraska late in that 81 Iowa win. A friend of mine was at that game (I was in college in Minnesota at the time). He said he thought it was headed out of the stadium.
  13. T

    OT: Jamie Pollard retiring next year

    ISMoo's biggest issue is that their Athletic Department has no way of escaping or rectifying the impending financial disaster of years of overspending in hopes of a "sweet media deal" that Pollard brought on trying to "be better than Iowa" (or whatever he was trying). But he did bring mostly...
  14. T

    Special Teams in 2026: A special concern?

    My cousin is a huge Auburn fan and attends a lot of their games. Apparently he got into a huge discussion late last year at a game as to how it is that "Iowa finds all these guys and turns them into superstar punt returners that are better than ANYONE in the SEC". They apparently didn't come up...
  15. T

    Speedy RB Keyon Thomas commits to Iowa

    I truly didn't understand what went through Goodson's head that he thought he'd make it in the league to leave early - he was obviously getting terrible advice. I thought he was on the cusp of being elite in his Sr year which would have hopefully given him his path to the NFL.. of course maybe...
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football 15 thoughts after Week 5: Keelon Russell becoming a star, murky SEC race & more
  2. 02 On3 Football On3 Heisman Trophy Poll: Top 10 player rankings after Week 5
  3. 03 On3 Football True Freshman Standouts from Week 5 of College Football
  4. 04 On3 Football Report: West Virginia commitment Chris Wilson killed in Indiana shooting
  5. 05 On3 Football SEC names Football Players of the Week after Week 5