Recent content by TarpHawk1

  1. T

    A look at the preseason Top 10 at InterMat

    It's not that 7 in the top 10 is so bad. It's that so many are fringe AAs, which means modest points; only 1 predicted finalist and 0 predicted champs. It's also the speed and consistency at which Penn State and now Okie State have left us in the dust. We are great at locking down 70 points, but...
  2. T

    PREVIEW: Trio of past/present Hawkeyes set for Final X wrestle-offs on Friday

    We caught a huge break--his name was Bo Bassett.
  3. T

    Open Practice, 9/12/26

    “Why don’t they wear names so we know who they are” Tom: “if they’re good, you already know who they are." And if you were good, you'd put names on their shirts like Gable did, win more titles, and stop acting like you're running a CIA stealth operation.
  4. T

    Recruiting….

    I saw the rumor that the kid came once to train, and stole someone's equipment (whatever that means). Anyone can say anything on a message board, so I take it with a grain of salt. But that would at least make sense, in terms of providing context about the relationship deteriorating. Separate...
  5. T

    NEWS: 2027 pledge Sonny Amato announces decommitment

    Withholding judgment until the full story is out, but nothing surprises me at this point. It almost doesn't matter what the story is. Constant drama and continued lackluster results are a bad combination.
  6. T

    Bonus Point Trivia

    Bonus bonus trivia question: How many of Tsirtsis's 21 NCAA matches were decided by 1 point or OT? (A: 14!) Wrestleknownothing, does he hold the NCAA record for OT bouts/wins?
  7. T

    Next Years Lineup

    I'll go with 75 and 4th place. Wrestlestat predicts 59.2 and 5th place, which I think is too low. But we have too many 7-8-R12 guys, as usual, and not enough finalists/champs. We're not catching Penn State or Okie State, or probably Nebraska.
  8. T

    Recruiting….

    For the record, K Peterson is ranked #31 at 141. He was #42 last season (probably too low), going 18-4. His biggest win was #21 Ricciardi (Navy), with whom he split matches at Soldier Salute. Ricciardi went 1-2 at NCAAs. Petersen also majored D3 champ Kade Blume. His other 3 losses were to...
  9. T

    Ferrari rumor

    I've consistently felt that our recruiting has overemphasized "living the right life." That may not be based on anything real--I can't point to anyone we've lost because of it. I just wonder if Tom would've recruited Alger (Gable said he'd take 10 of him), or Randy Lewis, or Brad Penrith, or...
  10. T

    Ferrari rumor

    Guilty. I wanted him on the team until this latest incident. Or maybe not guilty, since I don't want him on next year's squad and didn't disappear like a roach. But I recognized myself in your description.
  11. T

    Terry Brands interview

    Okay, I watched/listened over the course of 3 days, and I'm glad I did. Nice job by both. It reminded me of what I like and respect about him: his intensity, his goal setting, his humility, his humor. He's a good guy. I'd love to hear him talk more about his college years, because those were...
  12. T

    Terry Brands interview

    Well, crap, now I'm going to have to watch it. 😕
  13. T

    Terry Brands interview

    I started to watch it--but 90 minutes?? I need the 100-word AI summary, please.
  14. T

    About time for this...

    I grew up in Colorado and wrestled at NYU (I went for film school, not the wrestling program). At 24 I was still dabbling in freestyle tournaments, and my plan was to wrestle one more time--at freestyle nationals--then retire from wrestling and focus on a career. But I lost 2 in a row, 15-0 and...
On3

Latest

  1. 01 College Football Playoff College Football Bowl Projections Week 6: Full list of matchups, playoff predictions
  2. 02 On3 Football Hot seat intel: Where things stand at South Carolina, TCU & more
  3. 03 College Football Playoff College Football Playoff prediction: Alabama rises after road win, Northwestern enters the bracket
  4. 04 On3 Football Matt Rhule makes cameo appearance in HBO's Lanterns finale
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting Oklahoma State is surging with former Big Ten commit -- and a visit is set