Recent content by StormHawk42

  1. S

    Survivor Pool 2026 - Week 5

    Nebraska
  2. S

    Survivor Pool 2026 - Week 4

    They weren’t undefeated
  3. S

    Survivor Pool 2026 - Week 3

    Michigan
  4. S

    Survivor Pool 2026 - Week 2

    Edited: Kansas State forgot the pick had to be undefeated
  5. S

    Survivor Pool 2026 - Week 1

    West Virginia
  6. S

    Major Dirt coming out on Fran & Margaret (who was heckling from the crowd) related to a Coaches vs Cancer event

    I know what he’s trying to say but I disagree. It was clear Barta (and thus the U of I) were going to side with Fran on everything so if you’re a journalist trying to cover stuff and you lose your credentials, it makes it hard to do your job. The can of worms only got unsealed because of Murph...
  7. S

    Addie Deal enters transfer portal

    Feels like a one year rental. Put up big stats on a bad team and transfer up again.
  8. S

    College basketball free agency in full swing.

    Not derailing the thread but yes I know. But you don’t actually pay gift taxes unless your lifetime gifts exceed $15M. Same as the estate tax exemption. I’m an attorney in estate planning.
  9. S

    College basketball free agency in full swing.

    I doubt they are considered gifts. Id argue there’s definitely an expectation of services. Also everyone gets $15M in gifts to give away before gift taxes actually matter.
  10. S

    *****Alvaro Folgueiras enters the Portal*****

    It is stupid but I think everyone can read between the lines here that his tournament performance will get him huge offers - say $2M. But Ben (and most rational fans) know that he isn’t worth anywhere near that when we have bigger needs. Seems like it was mutual.
  11. S

    Where things stand with Iowa, Alvaro Folgueiras

    For sure. I don’t like what college sports has become like everyone else but we’re here now. I have a great job and good pay. If someone is willing to offer me 3-4x that, it’s not like I’m not gonna listen and about 95% of the population would do the same thing.
  12. S

    so it looks like illinois

    Got the 5 pm game
  13. S

    McDermott retiring at Creighton

    Considering Huss was hired specifically as a coach in waiting and Coon stayed committed, I’m guessing he’ll stay with his commitment.
  14. S

    McDermott retiring at Creighton

    He got to be close to his mom as she was dying. I doubt he wishes he wasn’t there for that.
On3

Latest

  1. 01 College Football Playoff College Football Bowl Projections Week 6: Full list of matchups, playoff predictions
  2. 02 On3 Football Hot seat intel: Where things stand at South Carolina, TCU & more
  3. 03 College Football Playoff College Football Playoff prediction: Alabama rises after road win, Northwestern enters the bracket
  4. 04 On3 Football Matt Rhule makes cameo appearance in HBO's Lanterns finale
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting Oklahoma State is surging with former Big Ten commit -- and a visit is set