Recent content by STIX815

  1. S

    The Official Unbiased Top Ten week 8

    It was the same thing last year and Byron beat IC pretty easily. I think this year IC is better but until they can beat them, it's hard to pick against Byron. They still have a couple D1 guys on the roster and are very well coached. They will likely play each other in the quarters or semi's...
  2. S

    The Official Unbiased Top Ten week 8

    I also agree that IC has some incredible talent per capita. Pretty remarkable. However, their varsity football roster is not 31. That is what you will find at the majority of 3A schools (30-35). IC has 45 players listed on the roster on MaxPreps, and over 50 players on Hudl. Count the guys on...
  3. S

    What Game are you Most Interested in this Upcoming Weekend?

    BMAC (5-1) vs Wheaton (6-0) - BMAC didn't look great last week and Wheaton has a pretty good defense. Wheaton 28-7 Byron (6-0) vs DuPec (6-0) - Is DuPec for real? Byron beat them handily BOTH times they played last year. This game also obviously has seeding implications in the 3A North...
  4. S

    Just Imagine.. ESL still in 5....

    While I also feel ESTL would absolutely dominate 5A, are you aware that Cary Grove is a 5A team now? ESTL has 2 championships over the last 5 years in 6A and Cary has beat them twice. Personally I don't think that 5A and 6A are wildly different so it seems a little extreme to think they would...
  5. S

    Playoff un-expansion

    ALL 3-6 teams will get in. If you listen to or read Steve Soucie's predications, we are going to need a bunch of 2 win teams in the field as well. I hope we get rid of this system after the year is over.
  6. S

    Small School Classes

    Don't forget about Byron in 3A. Defending champions and they are really good again. I think both Byron and RB would have a good chance to upset IC who will be favored over both. Once the bracket comes out, we'll see who gets the favorable side of it. Byron and RB will more than likely be the 1...
  7. S

    Immaculate Conception 28, St. Laurence 12, Final

    Rivalry or no rivalry... IC wins by a lot right?
  8. S

    KRC Game of the Year- Johnsburg @ Richmond-Burton

    These two programs do NOT like each other and Johnsburg will be highly motivated to ruin the RB homecoming. I was at the game last year and it looked like their were words between the two coaching staffs in the handshake line. I think it probably goes similar to the RB vs MCC game earlier in the...
  9. S

    DePaul 0, Immaculate Conception 33, IC starters pulled, and I'm signing-off.

    This is a different IC team than it was two years ago. How many DI kids does IC have, 3 or 4? You think those kids don’t want to challenge a storied 8A program? Try to shock the world! I would hope they give Loyola their best shot. Complete cowardice if they don’t.
  10. S

    Dangerous Losing Record Playoff Teams

    I listed 299 when 266 is the correct number. However, IHSA currently has them multiplied. My understanding is that ALL open enrollment schools are subject to the 1.65 multiplier unless they request a waiver. I don't believe Marian has a waiver. That is why the playoff projections have them in 3A...
  11. S

    Dangerous Losing Record Playoff Teams

    They are likely to end up in 3A when multiplied. IHSA has them listed with 299 students, when multiplied they will have 438.9.
  12. S

    Nominate: IHSA State Wide Player of the Week from Week 3 action

    Hunter Carley from Richmond Burton. 331yards on 14 carries, 4 TDs against Marengo. For those keeping track at home, he has about 800 yards on about 30 carries in 3 games😳
  13. S

    When was the Last Time you saw EdgyTim at a game?

    Fall of 2021, RB @ Sycamore. I can't believe its been that long!
  14. S

    IHSA Football Coaches Who Turned Around A Program in Two Years.

    HOF'er Mike Noll (currently at Richmond Burton). McHenry - In 85',86', and 87' they were 2-7, 1-8, and 2-7 His first year in 88' they were 7-2 and went on to dominate the fox valley for the next 16 years Glenbrook South - In 2001', 2002, and 2003 they were 2-7, 1-8, 1-8 His first year in 2004...
  15. S

    Who is the Shocker Team of the Week?

    I've been rolling with R-B all year long, can't stop now. They win a tight game against mighty Byron and advance to their first title game since 2019.
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football 15 thoughts after Week 5: Keelon Russell becoming a star, murky SEC race & more
  2. 02 On3 Football On3 Heisman Trophy Poll: Top 10 player rankings after Week 5
  3. 03 On3 Football True Freshman Standouts from Week 5 of College Football
  4. 04 On3 Football John Mateer speaks on early season struggles ahead of Red River Rivalry game
  5. 05 On3 Football Todd McShay: Keelon Russell 'on trajectory' to join Andrew Luck as only players with 99 NFL Draft grade