Recent content by scotchtiger

  1. S

    Most of today’s higher prices are Biden-era inflation

    This isn’t complicated folks: — Inflation was going to happen due to Covid regardless of who was president — Biden made it worse with the unnecessary stimulus and entitlement expansions in the American rescue plan — Biden would have made it even worse with more entitlement expansions in the BBB...
  2. S

    issues of the day

    Trump advanced on immigration and inflation, but made unforced errors with each that hurt optics and . The optics around ICE aren’t good and hurt the republicans with moderates. Broad tariffs were unnecessary and hurt inflation. The Iran war has seemed disorganized without a clear exit and hurt...
  3. S

    You saw it here. We are getting Universal Income.

    I’m with you on the jobs concern. I worry about this big time for my kids. AI, advanced robotics, etc will wipe out massive amounts of jobs. Maybe something else replaces those jobs, but I’m not sure.
  4. S

    Health Insurance

    Following up on my post above, health insurance premiums should reflect this. If you are obese with type 2 diabetes, your premiums should be at least 4 times higher than someone with a healthy weight and no diabetes. This is a logical, fair way to lower costs for tens and tens of millions of...
  5. S

    Health Insurance

    It’s always about redistribution for these guys. It redistributed insurance costs: people who were older, sicker, had pre-existing conditions, or needed comprehensive coverage generally benefited, while some younger, healthier people and healthier small groups paid more than they would have...
  6. S

    WSJ Top Bipartisan Issues

    I would work on reducing spending before increasing taxes. We spend way too much money. If I absolutely had to increase taxes, I would look at where there are actual breaks in the effective tax rate paid. Chart income relative to effective rate and look for inequities. We would likely need to...
  7. S

    WSJ Top Bipartisan Issues

    I didn't reframe it as hitting middle and upper middle people. There are hardworking families who earn above middle/upper middle incomes, but aren't really wealthy, who will be smacked with higher net costs. Just look at most dem tax proposal thresholds. The regressive argument can be made...
  8. S

    WSJ Top Bipartisan Issues

    I’m not complaining about having to pay taxes. I complain about paying a massive amount of taxes, yet am told that I don’t pay my fair share and politicians on one side of the aisle consistently propose policies to force my family to pay even more. You would think that facing the full brunt of...
  9. S

    WSJ Top Bipartisan Issues

    Bumping this @dpic73 since you doubled down above on this not being a tax on the wealthy. If you are shifting the cost from premiums, deductibles and copays to payroll taxes and income taxes (all your words btw), how is it not a shift in financial responsibility to higher earners? That's nearly...
  10. S

    hard to believe

    Btw not saying the republicans will do well this election. I think they will get waxed.
  11. S

    hard to believe

    Sort of. Still skewed to dems, but by a lower %. This is for 2022. Thus Republicans performed roughly 1.5 points better on the D–R margin than the final 538 generic ballot suggested.
  12. S

    hard to believe

    I don’t think I made that point. My original post literally said “just for reference” with no conclusion. I do think the trend is useful though. Here’s the 538 aggregate miss on Trump’s popular vote share the last 3 elections. Looks like they got better, but still consistently miss in the same...
  13. S

    hard to believe

    Correct on the individual polls. Not sure they list a margin of error on aggregates, but haven’t looked. I think the more interesting part is that 100% of them incorrectly predicted the outcome. You would expect some to miss high, some to miss low. But they all missed in the same direction...
  14. S

    hard to believe

    Just using it as a reference. It’s worth noting not only the 2.3% miss, but the fact that zero aggregate polls, not a single one, correctly predicted the outcome of the popular vote.
  15. S

    Wordle thread

    Guess we’re not doing this anymore over here.. Hard one today. Wordle 1,931 5/6 🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜ 🟨⬜🟩⬜⬜ ⬜🟨🟩🟨⬜ 🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football 15 thoughts after Week 5: Keelon Russell becoming a star, murky SEC race & more
  2. 02 On3 Football On3 Heisman Trophy Poll: Top 10 player rankings after Week 5
  3. 03 On3 Football True Freshman Standouts from Week 5 of College Football
  4. 04 Rivals Football Recruiting Oregon State has the nation's top passing offense, 3-straight wins & recruiting momentum is building
  5. 05 On3 Football Big 12 names Football Players of the Week after Week 5