Recent content by scfa99

  1. S

    OT: Cost of shore rentals - will people continue to pay?

    I'm sure in some places the articles are correct. But I can tell you from first hand experience in Sea Isle the following: 22 peak rates 6700 23 peak rates 8000 (June/July, August) completely booked end of August. 24 peak rates 9k+ (June/July/Aug) is already booked, inquiries started in Jan...
  2. S

    OT: Cost of shore rentals - will people continue to pay?

    I think it really depends on the town. In South Jersey we bought a house last year, we used the old rents from the previous seller. Did some redecorating before the 22 season, new pics, upped prices by 15% and all 18 weeks were booked by end of Oct for 2023. Year 1 was cost neutral. 2023 -...
  3. S

    OT: Why the real estate market is not in a bubble: Q1 2023 update video added to OP

    yeh Florida is a hot mess. There's gotta be a dip coming down there, but who knows when.
  4. S

    OT: Why the real estate market is not in a bubble: Q1 2023 update video added to OP

    We took the plunge 2022 spring. Thought we were buying at the peak but prices have continued to climb (not as fast) seem to be leveling now. But inventory levels are still very low. Anything priced right still has multiple offers over list in the town we bought in. Everyone's situation is...
  5. S

    OT: Sous Vide cooking

  6. S

    OT: Sous Vide cooking

    For the cranberry sauce I used this receo For cranberry sauce I used this recipe. I've made it twice and people were blown away. I don't like cranberry sauce in the jar but I love this. What's great is you can pre make it and have it ready a day earlier. For the bird I broke it down into...
  7. S

    OT: Sous Vide cooking

    I've been using one for years, I actually have 2 now that I use at the same time. Outside of the normal stuff mentioned above like steaks and salmon. I do a lot striped bass, vegis like asparagus, broccoli. For thanksgiving a I did a bird that was incredible. even did home made cranberry sauce...
  8. S

    OT: 2022 NHL Playoff Thread

    Jack hughes up to a 170 pounds?
  9. S

    OT: Jersey Shore Real Estate Market Advice Needed

    Hey guys thanks for the responses and tips. We ended up in Sea Isle. We wanted Avalon but just couldn't swing it and Sea Isle is more our scene anyway. Any other tips on renting a beach home would be appreciated.
  10. S

    OT: Jersey Shore Real Estate Market Advice Needed

    Thanks everyone for your advice. We took the plunge. We will be renting it heavily and have a couple of questions. - LP Grill: are we better off just buying a cheapo and tossing every year or two or investing in something like a Wilmington that is made of a 304 stainless and hopefully last...
  11. S

    OT: Jersey Shore Real Estate Market Advice Needed

    I wish we could afford Avalon of SH, pre covid yes but now forget it, maybe if we wait it out things will dip. WFH definitely is another motivating factor to purchase sooner.
  12. S

    GIOVANNI BIGGERS - JUST DO IT

On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football A 24-team College Football Playoff would reshape the coaching carousel: 'It's like playoff or bust'
  2. 02 On3 Football Nine straight September Heisman favorites have flamed out. Is Jeremiah Smith next?
  3. 03 On3 Football Can Mike Norvell save his job at Florida State and does a road win at Louisville even matter?
  4. 04 On3 Football Georgia's offensive line blends fifth-year wisdom and raw talent, but can it push around Alabama?
  5. 05 Women's Sports JuJu Watkins is back — and 'excited' for on-court pairing with Jazzy Davidson at USC