Recent content by RUTax

  1. R

    OT: Atlanta Braves/Truist Park

    I went to Atlanta in 2022 and stayed at a hotel in Buckhead. Nice part of the city with upscale restaurants and hotels. I was surprised, however, that they asked me if I was carrying a firearm when I checked into the hotel (it was an expensive hotel with a roof top club). Took in a Brave...
  2. R

    Basketball Rutgers Basketball Big Man Lathan Sommerville Enters Transfer Portal

    A below the rim big man who can't shoot from the outside, lacks passing skill/awareness, is turnover prone and is a major defensive liability, but does hit free throws and can score within 5 feet of the basket. Would you sign up for that a transfer in via the portal?
  3. R

    Football 2025 NFL Combine Tracker - Rutgers Football Edition

    Hollis Pierce is one huge man - his wing span of 88 1/4" is about three inches wider than anyone else Pierce, Hollin Rutgers OL32 SHRINE OT 6083 341 36 9 7/8 88 1/4
  4. R

    OT: Caitlin Clark is the NIL champ

    My 30 something daughter described Caitlin Clark as the Mia Hamm of basketball.
  5. R

    OT: MSU Transfer OL Kevin Wigenton to Illinois...

    His father was a classmate of mine at the 91st ranked law school in the country
  6. R

    OT: Syracuse gets commitment from 4 ⭐️ Georgia Transfer WR

    He committed to RU in 2022 then decommitted Then committed to PSU in 2022 then decommitted Signed with UGA in 2022 then left after a season UGH - may turn out to be a player but is this someone you'd rely on?
  7. R

    My Thoughts on the OSU game

    Rutgers matched OSU's physicality on both sides of the ball. We needed to play close to a perfect game and didn't, e.g., pick 6, redzone efficiency, and bad tackling angles on a couple of Henderson's big plays. Kyle M has been great, but I thought Henderson was the best back I've seen this season.
  8. R

    Longerbeam vs. Harrison jr.

    At halftime my 13 year old daughter asked me how was it that Fitgerald was so much better than anyone else playing. That was a crazy game and Ryan Hart went wild in the second half and almost brought the good guys to victory.
  9. R

    Anthony Feaster

    Yes it is open
  10. R

    Anthony Feaster

    I have lived in Montville for 30 years and sent five kids to Montville Township HS. I don't recall a single D-1 football player from MTHS. There have been plenty in baseball and soccer however.
  11. R

    OT: Ever Been to a Waffle House?

    My first time was in May in Decatur, GA and two months later had a heart attack - never had high cholesterol, high blood pressure, family history, raced in triathlons so I'm guessing it was my one visit
  12. R

    RU Football recruiting: what happened?

    One key in turning things around in Schiano's first stint was he was able to assemble a quality offensive line - Zuttah, Sosa, Fladell, Stapleton and Stevenson. That needs to happen now too - the QB can't be under assault every time he drops back and the RBs can't keep getting hit behind the...
  13. R

    OT: Agarn passes

  14. R

    OT: R.I.P. Bob Lanier

    I remember watching Bob Lanier win the NBA one on one tournament in the 1970s. https://sports.yahoo.com/revisiting-nba-1972-one-one-tournament-wondering-could-141207072--nba.html?a20=1
  15. R

    OT: Saratoga trip

    I like Wheatfields Restaurant Bar & Grill. Hamlet & Ghost is good too. If you're into history, Saratoga battlefield is worth seeing. Lake George is 20-30 minutes away. I was in Saratoga last August and I was surprised how many restaurants had reduced hours due to staff shortages.
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football Nine straight September Heisman favorites have flamed out. Is Jeremiah Smith next?
  2. 02 On3 Football Can Mike Norvell save his job at Florida State and does a road win at Louisville even matter?
  3. 03 On3 Football It may be now or never for Oklahoma coach Brent Venables, quarterback John Mateer
  4. 04 On3 ESPN shakes up Top 25 Power Rankings after Week 5 college football slate
  5. 05 On3 NIL Chris Holtmann took a lower salary in contract extension to help with DePaul's NIL, here's why