Recent content by Running_Clock

  1. R

    MC 49 PC 14 Final nm

    The Reynolds family is a phenomenal wrestling dynasty and has been great for PC. Having a successful alum leading the program is exactly how you maintain the tradition and STANDARD while getting things back on track. Hopefully Ternik comes to that same realization with the football program...
  2. R

    MC 49 PC 14 Final nm

    PC was a special place in the ’90s and early 2000s. For most of its history, there had only been two head coaches, and the expectation every week was pretty simple: win. More often than not, they did. For a long stretch, it felt like MC, JCA and PC were always either winning state, playing for...
  3. R

    What Football has lost and what the 40 and Under's will never know

    More came to mind… But maybe more so, 35-30 and under? *Bob Sakamoto *Pat Disabato *Pat Maher’s The Big Guy show *WGN’s Friday Night HS sport coverage with highlights across the Chicago suburbs and score ticker flashing all the scores
  4. R

    Providence @ Nazareth

    Hearing this too, and sounds like it was one of the issues with Plantz. I’m honestly shocked at the numbers at Provi’s lower levels. Are they really struggling that much to get kids out for football? Before COVID, and when I had relatives there, every level had starters, second team, third...
  5. R

    Complete and Total Coaching Failure

    Love that 1 pro fisherman is before 1 current NFL player. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
  6. R

    Hypothetical: Legend Coaches Today

    I’m well aware Korhonen is no longer with us (RIP). I was simply using a legendary, old-school coach like him as an example and wondering how coaches from that era would “deal” with today’s high school football landscape. Saban, mentioned earlier, is a great example of what I’m getting at.
  7. R

    Hypothetical: Legend Coaches Today

    And the ones that transfer out are the teammates that aren't buying into the tradition and culture of the program and understanding the expectations. A locker room killer, which you don't want on your team anyway.
  8. R

    Hypothetical: Legend Coaches Today

    With everything going on at Providence, it got me thinking: if you dropped one of the legendary Illinois coaches into today’s game, would they still have the same success, or has the game changed too much? Offenses have evolved, the game seems faster, and now you have NIL, social media...
  9. R

    Is there more talent in Illinois than there ever has been?

    I think the talent has always been here. What’s changed is the microscope on high school sports and the amount of exposure these kids get today, with social media probably being the biggest driving force. Highlights, rankings, offers, camps, etc. are constantly in front of us now, so we know...
  10. R

    Brother rice 31-0 over SF?

    Montini just beat Marist.
  11. R

    School YT Broadcast Feeds

    I have a feeling some of those public schools have an abundance of expensive equipment courtesy of the friendly taxpayer’s dollar 😂. Heck, I’d argue I’ve seen some pretty terrible CCL feeds over the years too. Maybe this is the answer—we create a bracket for the best high school football...
  12. R

    School YT Broadcast Feeds

    Honest question: how difficult is it to put together a quality YouTube broadcast for high school football? Some schools do an awesome job, while others either don’t have a feed or the quality makes it tough to follow. I won’t name any of the bad ones, but I’ve watched a few where you can...
  13. R

    Brady Cloherty recruitment prospects?

    Lynch is bringing him to NIU next year...
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football 15 thoughts after Week 5: Keelon Russell becoming a star, murky SEC race & more
  2. 02 College Football Playoff College Football Bowl Projections Week 6: Full list of matchups, playoff predictions
  3. 03 On3 Football Hot seat intel: Where things stand at South Carolina, TCU & more
  4. 04 Rivals Basketball Recruiting 4-star Jalen White details official visit date with Mississippi State; what's next with Kansas & Washington
  5. 05 On3 Football Paul Finebaum on Alabama-Georgia: The winner can start thinking about the College Football Playoff