Recent content by RU0917

  1. R

    OT: NY Mets 26-27 Offseason Thread

    Seemingly everyone had only good things to say about Stearns during his Brewers tenure, and I can't imagine he wasn't a main driving force behind a lot of their success, but man, they sure haven't missed a beat since he left. Definitely makes me wonder how big a role his former deputy Matt...
  2. R

    BB Recruiting Four-Star Forward Brandon Woodard commits to Rutgers Basketball

    It still means something, though it means way more if we keep them in the program for a while. Hopefully the Zinn/Tate admin's focus on fundraising and NIL means our retention improves, along with portal hauls (and this year's looked like a step in the right direction). The commits we're...
  3. R

    Rutgers WBB Roster set - Video

    I dig the video, but unfortunately guess it also confirms that Sisi Eleko isn't eligible, at least for now.
  4. R

    Greg Schiano Deserves an Extension

    Someday our best will be good enough to beat the worst.
  5. R

    About President Tate and football

    Tate's level of involvement in sports (I guess you could call it SEC mentality?) is totally different from anything I've seen from an RU prez before. Still not totally used to it. My friends and I who are big sports fans/RU alums have a running gag going in our RU group chat about Tate...
  6. R

    OT: Indiana football gets major NCAA eligibility ruling for two key defenders

    Damn, starting to not really love our chances in this one.
  7. R

    Lincoln Riley’s familiar reaction to Rutgers debacle should worry USC fans -

    Riley's words were the ones directly quoted - the ones about not taking any conference road wins for granted because all games are hard, etc. The columnist was criticizing him for that coachspeak. I haven't seen Riley's full presser after our game but I would be very surprised if he said...
  8. R

    Winning with Joe Harasymiak

    Ideally my preference is someone with HC experience, though not necessarily Kelly (why I mentioned Carty from UDel is near the top of my list in another thread). However, having followed enough of these hiring cycles over the years, I'm more open to the idea that if someone has *it,* they have...
  9. R

    Winning with Joe Harasymiak

    Joe H. is a good coach but I strongly suspect this as well. Hetherman left and not only did we get worse, but he immediately produced top-level defenses at Minnesota and Miami, the latter of which really struggled the prior year even with all the talent they had. Plus, Hetherman has the Curt...
  10. R

    Lincoln Riley’s familiar reaction to Rutgers debacle should worry USC fans -

    In all fairness to Riley (re: his thoughts on us at least), the unflattering statements here appear to be the columnist's. Riley's quote was: "Listen, we're not going to take road wins for granted in this league," Riley said. "They're all hard." Not that the columnist is wrong, exactly - a...
  11. R

    Greg 2.0 never recovered from the timeout disaster vs Illinois

    I didn't like the Smith hire, especially after the endless search that led up to it, but I figured he would at least be okay. He was DC for a year under Elko at Duke and that team was pretty good. Of course, Duke didn't keep him around after that season, which wasn't a great sign. Looking back...
  12. R

    Greg 2.0 never recovered from the timeout disaster vs Illinois

    Think this might be referring to a play from the 2003 game, which was significantly more competitive - they hit us for an 83-yard TD right at the end of the 1st half when it was still a one-score game. According to Rutgers' own recap, "West Virginia appeared to catch Rutgers off guard." That...
  13. R

    Brian Kelly

    I think usually there's something in the offset language around any subsequent jobs they take having to pay market rate salary, or at least within reason for the general going rate for the job, to avoid an extreme version of that scenario. However, in Kelly's case I think he could take a job...
  14. R

    Do we have room/interest in a P4 post player ?

    Based on what Alec said above, sounds like timing was the biggest issue here (though even if it had worked out timing-wise, I'm a little skeptical tat we could have landed her given the caliber of programs that were probably interested). Not sure what our NIL situation is for WBB overall - my...
  15. R

    Football Rutgers ranks 14th in Big Ten in estimated roster spending, 46th nationally

    Unfortunately it's looking like we're 18th in estimated goodness of team.
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football Hot seat intel: Where things stand at South Carolina, TCU & more
  2. 02 College Football Playoff College Football Playoff prediction: Alabama rises after road win, Northwestern enters the bracket
  3. 03 On3 Football This Alabama team has the makings of Kalen DeBoer's best and most complete
  4. 04 On3 Basketball Way-too-early Top 25 college basketball rankings 10.0: Final lineup projections for 2026-27 season
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting No. 1 OT Maui Tonata talks Arizona State visit; has Bama on deck, locks in two more game-day trips