Recent content by RockSoup

  1. R

    Rita 42, Leo 20: Final

    Thanks Witty for the game thread
  2. R

    St. Rita 39 at Montini 38 Final

    One thing I thought I noticed was a lot more of the boot/roll out game from the St. Rita passing offense which I think plays into QB1 Fennell's strengths. I don't have the numbers to back me up, just an observation that I think can pay dividends as he and his RBs/WRs/TEs keep working on that...
  3. R

    Nominate: The Week 6 State Wide Coach of the Week

    St. Rita Head Coach Martin Hopkins orchestrates a second half comeback for the ages, calling for two 2-point conversions and two 3rd quarter onside kicks. It was as gutsy a called game as I've seen.
  4. R

    St. Rita 39 at Montini 38 Final

    Just two fan bases that love their teams. One fan base being critical of their own team so much that the other fan base thought maybe just a hat tip to the other sideline was warranted instead. For those that didn't watch the game, would you know from this thread that St. Rita's winning...
  5. R

    St. Rita 39 at Montini 38 Final

    Not just special teams, did you see what our QB1 #3 did? When he needed to flip the field, he went and ran for 60, when RB1 #4 was facing 9 in the box and run blitzes and refused to be stopped? It was a close game by two excellent teams and St. Rita did more things right to win the game on the...
  6. R

    St. Rita 39 at Montini 38 Final

    Giftwrapped? How about St. Rita went and took it in 2 of the 3 phases of the game? And got the stop with the third phase when needed. And if it was a gift then our QB1 is the Gosh Darn Grinch. Because he went out and took all the gifts, along with RB1 BJohn and the OLine and WRs blocking. it...
  7. R

    St. Rita 39 at Montini 38 Final

    He was pretty incredible. I’m going to get blasted for saying this but other than the first TD where the WR got behind the safeties, the coverage wasnt bad. Gave the underneath pass away. And the long balls were contested and Montini WRs adjusted well to ball in the air and made plays. And when...
  8. R

    St. Rita 39 at Montini 38 Final

    I should have also added that it’s the @Gene K. game with his ties to both schools
  9. R

    St. Rita 39 at Montini 38 Final

    Can't get a feel for the Mustangs this year. Brutal 5 game stretch facing Providence, Glenbard West, Loyola, St. Francis and St. Ignatius. L-W-L-W-L. And it doesn't get any easier heading to Lombard to face the Broncos. I know the kids at St. Rita are a proud and tough bunch. Can they put last...
  10. R

    CCL Fresh/Sophmore Scores (Week 5)

    Frosh St. Rita 44 St. Ignatius 6 Sophs St. Rita 35 St. Ignatius 7
  11. R

    St. Ignatius 42 at St. Rita 16 Final

    Rocks Recap: Will be a quick one today. First the positives: The YouTube production was pretty incredible. For all the grief from week one and all the years prior, that was an excellent stream for a HS game. Another positive is there are no more Jesuit schools on the schedule. I could tell...
  12. R

    Week 5 streams

    St. Ignatius at St. Rita
  13. R

    St. Ignatius 42 at St. Rita 16 Final

    Junior Nick Olson, transferred in second semester of Freshman year from St. Laurence. He has been solid. And since we are talking about the St. Rita OLine, throw some flowers to the man in the middle. You know I love WR's blocking and I love center play and St. Rita's Center Bobby Rusch from...
  14. R

    St. Ignatius 42 at St. Rita 16 Final

    Since there is nothing much happening on the board this week, what about a good old-fashioned game thread? I have not seen St. Ignatius’ option attack. Are they a pure knuckleball pitcher or a pitcher with a knuckleball? Have these 2 teams met since the Don Hogan days? Can St. Rita’s Junior...
  15. R

    St. Francis 12 at St. Rita 28 Final

    I mean I saw a couple great throws in the RPO schedule like the dime between two defenders MOF. And passes in good spots for YAC. St. Rita just had their best tackling game of the young season last night. The Bad? If a play broke down, he was heaving it instead of possibly checking down or if...
On3

Latest

  1. 01 College Football Playoff College Football Bowl Projections Week 6: Full list of matchups, playoff predictions
  2. 02 On3 Football Hot seat intel: Where things stand at South Carolina, TCU & more
  3. 03 College Football Playoff College Football Playoff prediction: Alabama rises after road win, Northwestern enters the bracket
  4. 04 Rivals Football Recruiting Oklahoma State is surging with former Big Ten commit -- and a visit is set
  5. 05 On3 Greg McElroy: Keelon Russell 'might be the best quarterback in the country by season's end'