Recent content by RagnarLothbrok

  1. RagnarLothbrok

    Heck

    Your opinion is duly noted.
  2. RagnarLothbrok

    Here to eat crow. This run game doesn’t look good

    I remember safeties cheating up and flying to the football, but I have been wrong before. Ohio State is too skilled at every position to have to stack the box. Regardless, I don’t believe the problems with the run game are due to a complete lack of talent in the backfield. I also question the...
  3. RagnarLothbrok

    College football is dead

    It’s a long season and Iowa has shown a lot of good things so far, here and there. The problem is (not trying to belabor the point) they don’t have a quarterback, and you can’t compete at a high level without one. So, it depends what you mean by concerned. If I were banking on Iowa to be a...
  4. RagnarLothbrok

    College football is dead

    I know. And it’s pretty much what I anticipated happening. Iowa is good, not great—something I have said since Iowa State (when I was accused of “overreacting” because I wasn’t buying the playoff hype train).
  5. RagnarLothbrok

    Heck

    Heck would likely have had a similar stat line to Hank Brown had he started against Ohio State. With that said, the offense is still not efficient or good with Hank Brown after 5 games. If you’re Tim Lester and you believe Heck can provide a spark this offense so desperately needs, then I don’t...
  6. RagnarLothbrok

    Here to eat crow. This run game doesn’t look good

    I know you guys don’t believe me, but it’s hard to have an efficient running game when the opposition doesn’t respect your ability to throw the football. This is a big part of why Iowa can’t run the football: 9 H. Brown 12/27 132 0 1 There is no reason why a good defense would not...
  7. RagnarLothbrok

    College football is dead

    They need a quarterback.
  8. RagnarLothbrok

    College football is dead

    There have been many years Iowa didn’t look like they belonged on the same field as Ohio State. In 2022, Ohio State won 54-10 and 2024 they won 35-7. I think you are just emotional right now.
  9. RagnarLothbrok

    College football is dead

    I wasn’t doomsday. I said I expected Iowa will likely have a good season and nothing today has changed my mind on that. But, yeah, I admit to pushing back a little at the narrative Iowa has a playoff team. Not without a quarterback.
  10. RagnarLothbrok

    Reality hits like a ton of bricks

    So, what I said after Iowa State and Michigan. You know, when I was “overreacting”? 😝
  11. RagnarLothbrok

    College football is dead

    Serious question: What do you honestly believe has changed in terms of the product on the field? Do you think Ohio State having superior athletes to Iowa is something new? Lol. In terms of the pecking order in college football, there is also nothing that has changed. The teams and programs most...
  12. RagnarLothbrok

    *****Ohio St vs Iowa Game Thread*****

    I believe every scoring play is automatically reviewed. They looked at it.
  13. RagnarLothbrok

    *****Ohio St vs Iowa Game Thread*****

    Yes. And you know the answer.
  14. RagnarLothbrok

    *****Ohio St vs Iowa Game Thread*****

    Absolutely stupid. I was complimentary of the coaching until that final Ohio State drive. Going ultra conservative there tempered my enthusiasm for the rest of the game. After that curious illegal procedure penalty coupled with the fact Ohio State’s OL is apparently going to be allowed to mug...
  15. RagnarLothbrok

    *****Ohio St vs Iowa Game Thread*****

    I’m beginning to believe in conspiracies when it comes to officiating. Of course, Iowa going ultra conservative on defense didn’t do themselves any favors.
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football First-year head coaches are winning now, and Year 1 expectations have changed
  2. 02 Sports Predictions College football Polymarket predictions: Staples’ best trades of Week 6
  3. 03 On3 Football On3 Heisman Trophy Poll: Top 10 player rankings after Week 5
  4. 04 On3 Football Michigan TE Zack Marshall apologizes for 'inappropriate comments' made after team's loss to Minnesota
  5. 05 On3 Football Shane Beamer reveals Dylan Stewart returned to practice, status undetermined for South Carolina vs. Florida