Recent content by OptionBob

  1. OptionBob

    Matt Campbell’s hat is a problem

    What is your point here? Had his parents been "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" Matt would be a better football coach?
  2. OptionBob

    NYT: Cost of Roster

    Thank you for correcting my inexcusable errors. I admit to being on the opposite end of the LionJim line. The span from 1967 to 1996 was 30 years, not 20 as I embarrassingly stated. That means Penn State was an A-level program for only 14 of 30 seasons. Not bad but not quite so awesome...
  3. OptionBob

    NYT: Cost of Roster

    I agree with your first sentence, and perhaps might even agree to a mere solid B. However, I do not agree that Penn State has "always been" a B+ program. For 20 years, from 1967 to 1996, Penn State (in my opinion, at least) was definitely a Top Tier A to A+ level program. Until 1974 or so...
  4. OptionBob

    Depth chart:

    Your picks look good. From what I've seen in video clips and read in various articles, the DL might look as follows: DE -- Ezeogu , Kemajou DT -- Taupaki, Nnodim DT -- Williams, Carnell DE -- Bacon,Granville Sorry if I have misspelled these names (I'm sure I am mispronouncing them).
  5. OptionBob

    espn: “College football archenemies for every power-conference team”

    "... The same thing happened in 1968, 1969 and 1982, when the Nittany Lions were undefeated but finished No. 2 each time...." How difficult was it for her to look up the 1982 record and the eventual national champion? Maybe Heather would make a suitable "archenemy" for Penn State.
  6. OptionBob

    Was looking @ Projected Temple Football depth chart

    Joachim actually played quite a bit in 1971, throwing 7 TD passes, including an 86-yarder to speedy Jimmy Scott. Joachim then transferred to Temple after that 1971 season.
  7. OptionBob

    July '26 Articles, Tweets, etc. thread

    Thanks, Tom, for posting all these, but especially for this one with James Peoples. He's the first from San Antonio to wear the generic whites, and this clip is the first one I've seen with him. I expect him to represent Penn State and San Antonio exceptionally well.
  8. OptionBob

    2027 Recruiting Thread

    Well, he's number one for me. I've been following Penn State football recruiting for 60 years, and Peoples is the very first scholarship player from my long-time home city of San Antonio, Texas to sign with the Nittany Lions. :)
  9. OptionBob

    Your guess. Do not share premium info.

    My "outsider" opinion is as follows: 1. TE -- a popular choice with Brahmer, Rap, Burkle, and Alexander 2. RB -- my San Antonio, TX bias is showing here, but I think Peoples is going to be a great RB for Penn State. Martin is very good and Hanson might be just as good as Martin (I admit that I...
  10. OptionBob

    Lavar and Poz on a podcast

    LB99, I couldn't remember the exact numbers, so I looked them up (from Penn State Media Guides): 1967 - Onkotz returned 5 punts for 86 yds, 1 TD 1968 - Onkotz returned 18 punts for 208 yds, 0 TD 1969 - Onkotz returned 24 punts for 325 yds, 1 TD Also looked up Denny's interceptions: 1967 - 6...
  11. OptionBob

    Lavar and Poz on a podcast

    My apologies to the thread and to the poor dead horse I keep beating, but I feel compelled to push Dennis Onkotz for a slot on the Penn State Linebacker Mt. Rushmore. Because Denny was not a star in the NFL, he often gets forgotten amid the talk of the "best ever." I feel that his prowess as...
  12. OptionBob

    We Are Better, 5/12/26, RB, SC, Class of '27

    Thank you for correcting my error. At my age, getting the "R" correct is a plus. But I should know better than to rely on my memory.
  13. OptionBob

    2027 Recruiting Thread

    Agree with you about a pure RB/TB type. But Joe did use Sean McHugh as a FB -- at 6'6"!
  14. OptionBob

    We Are Better, 5/12/26, RB, SC, Class of '27

    Did you forget about Reggie Kinlaw, a solid RB around 2006-07? I remember he did a good job in the Alamo Bowl in 2007 against Texas A&M. I'm guessing the RB you mention is Shelly Hammonds, around 1991-93.
  15. OptionBob

    DJ

    Personal story, if you allow it: In the summer of 1985, my family took a trip to visit friends. Of course, we had to make time for the pilgrimage to State College. We arrived in the morning, walked around the facilities and a young man greeted us as he was leaving his apartment/dorm. He was...
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football Hot seat intel: Where things stand at South Carolina, TCU & more
  2. 02 College Football Playoff College Football Playoff prediction: Alabama rises after road win, Northwestern enters the bracket
  3. 03 On3 Football This Alabama team has the makings of Kalen DeBoer's best and most complete
  4. 04 On3 Basketball Way-too-early Top 25 college basketball rankings 10.0: Final lineup projections for 2026-27 season
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting No. 1 OT Maui Tonata talks Arizona State visit; has Bama on deck, locks in two more game-day trips