Recent content by OldSoldier

  1. O

    What was the BOT thinking when they gave Tanner the AD job?

    Should’ve hired a proven AD from outside and made Ray Assistant AD or “AD in Waiting” So he could get some good experience and mentoring. He didn’t start his coaching career as a head coach and shouldn’t have expected or allowed to start at the top in sports administration.
  2. O

    Jackie finally did it

    “One of these days…..”
  3. O

    Miami thugs turning on each other...

    Back in the 80’s when Todd Ellis was our QB we played them in Miami and a fight started. Ellis started towards our sideline and a Miami player closes in on him and hits him in the back of his head. I think Blades was the last name of the Miami player and he went on to play in the NFL. Jimmy...
  4. O

    Is there no way to reign in transfers?

    One thing killed for sure for me was the excitement surrounding bowl games. I used to enjoy watching as many as I could but this year watched only the playoff games.
  5. O

    The Indiana Hoosiers football team has a average age around 23 years old while

    I think it was 2016 that Clemson played Alabama first time for the National Championship. I was curious about the talent level for both schools and good old GC let me look up the last 5 yrs recruiting class rankings. Bear with me here, I just turned 79 and my memory isn’t what it used to be...
  6. O

    Bidding a fond farewell to Paul Finebaum

    I’ve never gotten past all the cheap shots he took against USC when we became a member of the SEC. As far as I know, he’s never recanted those comments. On a brighter note, none of us will be described as the ugliest male on the planet as long as he’s not pushing up daisie.
  7. O

    OT: Hugo hit 35 years ago…Sept 22

    Thirteen long, hard days and nights with my 2500 fellow 218th Infantry Brigade Soldiers.
  8. O

    Well, well, well, whadya know, Meechie could end up playing for our opposition next year

    Loyalty? Apparently today’s athletes no longer know what the word means.
On3

Latest

  1. 01 Sports Predictions College Football Predictions: McMurphy's best Week 6 trades
  2. 02 College Football Playoff How much Big Ten, SEC programs could gain from College Football Playoff expansion
  3. 03 On3 Football Georgia's offensive line blends fifth-year wisdom and raw talent, but can it push around Alabama?
  4. 04 Rivals Football Recruiting New LSU offer shakes up the recruitment of blue-chip QB Tristin Gaines -- and upcoming visit plans
  5. 05 On3 Football Upset Alert: Josh Pate reveals concern level for notable Week 6 games