Recent content by o_FrankBurns

  1. o_FrankBurns

    If Khalia H. commits?

    Do we know that Bria is not coming back? She technically has 2 years of eligibility left.
  2. o_FrankBurns

    2027 Recruiting

    5 years ago I totally would agree, but in the NIL era I'm not sure it makes sense roster wise to spend that much money on one position (and a position that will have a all-american type player). We already are in a world where teams are choosing to not fill empty roster spots so the money is...
  3. o_FrankBurns

    2027 Recruiting

    I'm not as excited as I should be about Hartwell. I'm just not sure I love the idea of having 3 players who can only play 1 position on the roster for 2 seasons together (assuming that Ava H stays through her 5th year). Especially since you are hoping that Ava H plays 30 minutes a game.
  4. o_FrankBurns

    Whiting’s broken nose…

    With the new 5 in 5 rule, has Whiting said if she plans on playing 2 years for the Hawks?
  5. o_FrankBurns

    Big Ten WBB 2026-27

    so if i'm doing my time zones correctly, thats 9pm Iowa time
  6. o_FrankBurns

    The beginning of summer WBB practice--any details to share?

    I agree. The only potential issue with Journey is that she is only 5'11" (she is listed at 6'0 but she is not 6'0. Probably closer to 5'10")
  7. o_FrankBurns

    Carnegie 3x3 games today (link)

    I think he was refering to life in gereral, in which case his statement is factual. just saying
  8. o_FrankBurns

    Carnegie 3x3 games today (link)

    Dani Carnegie has games today in the 3x3 tourney down in Chile at 1:30, 5:10, & 7:00 (Link) They have 6 on the roster and usually only 4 of the 6 play in a game, but of the 6 games they have played so far Carnegie has played well (and already sat out 2 of the games I think).
  9. o_FrankBurns

    Did anyone ask Whiting if she is going to play 2 years in IC?

    I feel like with the new play 5 in 5 years rule, that the first or second question to every player should be if the plan on playing the 5 years. Especially the 3rd and 4th year players (do we still call them juniors/seniors?). With this new rule, Whiting has 2 years of eligibility remaining...
  10. o_FrankBurns

    Ella Stromdahl to be interviewed?

    I don't read Swedish, so I have no idea what the post was saying, but she had an Instagram post today that looks like a graduation (maybe). Several Iowa players commented/liked. https://www.instagram.com/p/DZiFDNejGdJ/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==
  11. o_FrankBurns

    Reflections on a New Season

    I was at the City High vs. Dowling game in 2020 too. I remember a couple things from that game. 1) Caitlin was REALLY good. She hit one of her step-back to the left shot's from about 30 with a double team coming at her. She also made numerous great passes that occasionally her teammates turned...
  12. o_FrankBurns

    *****2026-27 Transfer Portal News*****

    As much as a loved Hannah and her efforts, I truly think that her limitations hamstrung the Iowa lineups the past 2 seasons. She was obviously too good to not play, but because she was only 6'2" she was also too small to be a true 5. Because of her lack of shooting range and lack of "wing-like"...
  13. o_FrankBurns

    *****2026-27 Transfer Portal News*****

    She considered Iowa, and Iowa considered her, until her visit. It wasn't a fit and Iowa didn't offer.
  14. o_FrankBurns

    *****2026-27 Transfer Portal News*****

    You might not turn her down, but the Iowa coaching staff would. I get that their is interest in her because she is from Iowa and was teammates with Journey in high school, but she is NOT coming to Iowa. It's a mutual decision between her and the Iowa staff.
  15. o_FrankBurns

    What's the scoop on Emely Rodriguez?

    and yet it still hasn't been resolved and you opened thread
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football Wasserman’s College Football Top 10: Alabama rises after dominant win over Mississippi State
  2. 02 On3 Football This Alabama team has the makings of Kalen DeBoer's best and most complete
  3. 03 On3 Football This isn't the offense Michigan paid for when it signed Bryce Underwood
  4. 04 On3 Football Marquise Lightfoot leaves Miami-Clemson game with injury, does not return
  5. 05 On3 Football Harvard walks off Colgate with miraculous Hail Mary lateral for the win