Recent content by nlstanford

  1. nlstanford

    FROM WHAT I AM HEARING: SHANE BEAMER EDITION

    I’m fine with Beamer sticking around. In fact, he should hang around until the end of his contract. That way we owe no buyout, and we can jettison the mess he’s created. He will also have failed so miserably that no school will hire him again.
  2. nlstanford

    Cloniger: Carolina can't afford to fire Beamer

    A coworker of mine is a VT grad and I recall him joking that they were going to steal Beamer from us. Man that would have been too easy.
  3. nlstanford

    Are We Really An Embarrassment?

    As the poster said, it took both coaches a few seasons to turn things around. And yes, I call 33-6 with three NYD bowl wins against quality P4 opponents winning. In fact, in the playoff era that most likely equates to three straight playoff appearances, possibly a championship with the way those...
  4. nlstanford

    Are We Really An Embarrassment?

    As the poster said, it took both coaches a few seasons to turn things around. And yes, I call 33-6 with three NYD bowl wins against quality P4 opponents winning. In fact, in the playoff era that most likely equates to three straight playoff appearances, possibly a championship with the way those...
  5. nlstanford

    Are We Really An Embarrassment?

    Poster under the handle "Juice" was telling us this 5 years ago. Not many wanted to listen. Who's laughing now?
  6. nlstanford

    What explains this with Sellers?

    Scared money don’t make money.
  7. nlstanford

    In summary, what cost us the game, iyo. ****

    Secondary. Which is a tough pill to swallow after having a quality squad back there for years. Blown coverage/getting beat deep, dumb penalty negating a pick deep in MSU territory.
  8. nlstanford

    Interesting...

    Post season play & conference championships maybe?
  9. nlstanford

    Football: looks like we lost a "committment" to Floriduh

    As I find myself now raising two boys in the college recruiting age range, I’m shocked - and maybe even a little embarrassed - at how much faith I used to put into these commitments. That’s not a knock on you or anyone else. It’s just as if I’ve been given a peek behind the curtain and can now...
  10. nlstanford

    Lady Gamecocks looking like total trash

    I swear some of you need a 30 minute delay on posts.
  11. nlstanford

    Why greater parity historically in MBB than WBB?

    I don’t think it’s much more than a smaller pool of talent to choose from. And I mean no disrespect. Just saying that fewer women playing basketball (specifically AAU, club, etc.) than men = fewer top tier players (naturally) = more consolidation of talent among the top teams.
  12. nlstanford

    RAT TANNER IS DEAD TO ME!

    If someone were to tell me that Tanner’s tenure as AD was a premeditated years-long scheme funded by Clemson donors to completely subvert our men’s athletic programs, I probably wouldn’t call them crazy.
  13. nlstanford

    Josiah Thompson done for the season

    Per ESPN. Lower body injury. This program really is snake bit.
  14. nlstanford

    OT: Younger people and colon cancer

    This is one way. But I would caution that it’s less accurate than a screening colonoscopy. The full procedure is so simple and the inconvenience of the prep is minor.
  15. nlstanford

    OT: Younger people and colon cancer

    47 here, just got my first screening Monday after (foolishly) putting it off for a couple of years. OP is right: just get it done. The procedure is a breeze.
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football 15 thoughts after Week 5: Keelon Russell becoming a star, murky SEC race & more
  2. 02 On3 Football On3 Heisman Trophy Poll: Top 10 player rankings after Week 5
  3. 03 On3 Football True Freshman Standouts from Week 5 of College Football
  4. 04 On3 Football Pete Thamel makes box office analogy for Trojans: 'This USC seems like the same movie'
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting Intel: 4-star ATH Brayden Arnold closing in on a commitment -- and one team is trending