Recent content by Myrtlecock

  1. Myrtlecock

    Pleased with the game today

    If you look at our history playing down to the competition. Our history of needing a miracle or close to it to win games like this. If you look at our history of losing games against lower tiered opponents. If you noticed how hard we struggled to have any creativity with our running game over...
  2. Myrtlecock

    USC vs SC State game thread

    How are you watching it?
  3. Myrtlecock

    USC vs SC State game thread

    Looks like the game is started but I can't get it stream.... Anyone else?
  4. Myrtlecock

    Down go the gators.

    If he had called a timeout they would have scored a touchdown.
  5. Myrtlecock

    I'm still here...

    I'm actually working in Sarasota starting Tuesday. Venice is about 25 mi further south. Come back to Gainesville next Saturday to watch my last gamecock football game in this house I've been in for 17 years. Dual closing on the 9th. This picture was from the day of the Thursday night game when...
  6. Myrtlecock

    I'm still here...

    Nah... It's another 150+ miles to Naples and then you've got the Everglades.
  7. Myrtlecock

    I'm still here...

    Lest anybody think I was less of a fan or had faded into obscurity. I'm watching you! 🤣🤣🤣 Seriously though... Getting really pumped up for the season. Excited to see Lanorris have multiple targets. After 25 years of smelling these slimy swamp lizzards I'm leaving Gainesville and moving to...
  8. Myrtlecock

    Expand to 16 teams & get rid of the byes - this makes no sense.

    This cracks me up seriously. I tried to tell people when they said the BCS, the bowl system or the 4 team playoff caused too much controversy. Have you paid attention to March madness? You could have 120 teams and there would still be controversy. Give it a rest.
  9. Myrtlecock

    Good Chance That Just Cost Us Citrus Bowl

    The straight answer to your question is... Cheezits Citrus number one ReliaQuest outback number 2 TaxSlayer Gator number 3
  10. Myrtlecock

    OL and Teasley: Yes, Sellers broke 18 tackles...but he had to break 18 tackles. Teasley gotta go.

    I would be all for Sean Elliott taking the reins of the OL. I'm certain he has some input now. I don't know that coaching is the whole problem but at least we haven't been killed with injuries this year for the first time in forever. But I disagree that they are doing that bad. They held up...
  11. Myrtlecock

    Rocket Sanders

    Rocket is a special talent. Not to really continue to comparison because he's a different sort of back than Marcus. Marcus had that pad level and vision to get two or three yards when there was nothing but a tunnel at the line of scrimmage to go through. Just a rare talent especially for that...
  12. Myrtlecock

    To those critical of our offensive line...

    Some of these guys have been so down on them for so long they can't see improvement. I've been down on them too since about 2014. But they're getting better.
  13. Myrtlecock

    To those critical of our offensive line...

    I'd say the O line looked even better tonight! Seems like I heard the TV crew slathering a ton of praise on them during the game as well. But it was just Vanderbilt right? I'm telling you guys they're way better than we've had in quite a while. They're actually supporting each other.
  14. Myrtlecock

    To those critical of our offensive line...

    I have seen very few college football teams have much success especially in the last few years with a quarterback that stands in the pocket. Every now and then you get that rare talent of a guy that can take a two or three step drop and release the ball quickly every time he doesn't hand it off...
  15. Myrtlecock

    Sellers to Harbor...

    Carson Beck...The Dawg(Deer) Hunter. 😆😆😆
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football 15 thoughts after Week 5: Keelon Russell becoming a star, murky SEC race & more
  2. 02 On3 Football On3 Heisman Trophy Poll: Top 10 player rankings after Week 5
  3. 03 On3 Football True Freshman Standouts from Week 5 of College Football
  4. 04 On3 Football Todd McShay: Keelon Russell 'on trajectory' to join Andrew Luck as only players with 99 NFL Draft grade
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting LSU intel: Where things stand with Easton Royal, Ahmad Hudson, more flip targets; Tigers pacing for an elite 2028 recruiting class