Look, I will admit I am a UT fan, Alum and season ticket holder. I am also a Rutgers fan and NJ native, so I read this board fairly regularly. My "revolt" was about being pissed off, but that's about it. My only call in to a radio station was about them not hiring an SEC coach. I was pissed off...
I'm a UT Alum and season ticket holder and Rutgers fan (grew up in Bound Brook). I hope RU fans can pull this off. I really think Schiano can be more successful than he was his first time if given the time and financial/facilities etc. support that the BOG needs to come up with. Can't imagine...
He had two good seasons. Don't get me wrong. I really hope if he gets the job he does well. I just think Schiano is going to give you a much better chance for long term success. Butch did some things well (his first recruiting class at Tennessee was great, but it was based on a lot of instate...
Just wondering where you saw Tennessee fans celebrating like we had won a National Championship. We've actually won six of them and I know how great that feels, but I didn't see anybody that excited this weekend. I'm guessing you're confused on what that's feels like.
Same guy who told Trevor Lawrence he wasn't good enough to play at Tennessee and then there's JJ Watt...directly from his Wiki page:
Watt received a scholarship offer from Central Michigan University and matriculated there. He has stated that he was led to believe by Butch Jones that, as a tight...
You do realize that it was the worst decade in UT's football history, don't you? He also decimated our S&C program and gave us our first 4-8 season in school history. He's not all bad, if you hire him you just better hope he learned from his mistakes and his two years in Satan's coaches...
You realize Butch also pulled a 4-8 after he decimated our recruiting and S&C programs, right? That's why he got his *** fired and hasn't ben able to get a HC job since. I like Rutgers, and I hope they do well. Old Butch would be a disaster. I hope he has learned from his mistakes, that's...
Nothing wrong with that. I've always been a Rutgers fan (grew up in Jersey), but also a UT fan (UT Alum and season ticket holder). This whole Schiano/Butch thing is just bizarre to me as an outsider. There were some good things about Butch, but the behind the scenes info was scary. I think...
Trevor Lawrence grew up in Kingsport, TN thorough 8th grade and idolized Peyton Manning. He wears #16 (Peyton's UT #, not his NFL #). He and his parents were huge UT fans. He wanted to commit to Tennessee at camp his junior year. Butch told him he wasn't good enough to play at UT. Butch missed...
His agent is Jimmy Sexton, same as Schiano's. I'm sure Sexton told him that the deal with Schiano is almost done and he should drop out to save face and continue to collect his paycheck from Tennessee while he fetches Saban's coffee.
I honestly don't think he's terrible, but the two things you mention were not his strengths. I really hope he has learned from his time under Satan at Alabama. He destroyed the UT strength and conditioning program by going through 3 coaches in four years. It was not a priority for him and it...