Recent content by mpaer

  1. M

    UNC Men's Soccer 2026-2027

    I remember going to an early NCAA playoff womens soccer game , and then a few hours later going to the DES center for an early season Mens Bbll game . Womens soccer were running Booth number 1 selling cokes etc Mind you not the starters, but it was the team booth They were working a few hours...
  2. M

    UNC Men's Soccer 2026-2027

    I would be a little more receptive to complaints about football money going to Olympic Sports if Football expenditures were not so stupid. We could give up Field Hockey and both Soccer programs and Football could use the $ for Home game Hotels, and $1,000 Speciality Helmets all painted pretty...
  3. M

    The Landscape of NCAA Olympic Sports

    Thanks Appreciate your thoughts as always Honestly I dont see how Euro Pro players in College Basketball are "OKAY"
  4. M

    UNC Men's Soccer 2026-2027

    I think it is correct to say UNC does a great job in figuring this out , planning , getting great donors to step up.We just are not going to give up a bunch of Olympics sports-football first folks need to get over it.
  5. M

    The Landscape of NCAA Olympic Sports

    Yes My point was making Foreign Player the Boogeyman is dumb There is a long list of NCAA problems bigger than this
  6. M

    What's the best pregame speech you've ever actually heard?

    I am too dumb to find it But I heard a post game rant by Bob Knight directed at the Wisconsin locker room Badgers had upset Indiana and Bob came in to congratulate them post game. Basically along the lines of "I have watched all your games so far on film. And never once have you played half...
  7. M

    UNC capital needs underfunded

    There is certainly that to consider We will see soon.They either fund expansion or they don't
  8. M

    The Landscape of NCAA Olympic Sports

    Build a wall Hey lets ban Federally funded Univ BioMedical research from hiring Chinese post grads Large buildings full of research would close
  9. M

    UNC Men's Soccer 2026-2027

    I know this a fantasy. But wouldn't it be nice if all the competitive schools would figure out away to cut or at laest freeze operational expenses. I honestly "blame" SEC schools-seems like 10-15 years ago they started selecting Non rev sports to just pour football $ into . Jacked up salaries to...
  10. M

    Hall Mark card stores ?

    I shopped at their stores for over 50 years Went today The cards just sucked Whats up? PS No clue why I am in this stupid font
  11. M

    UNC capital needs underfunded

    Thanks for the discussion Appreciate your comments
  12. M

    UNC capital needs underfunded

    The point of this post was "realtively speaking" Campuses with their dozens of buildings -some very old-always need Capital improvements The graph above clearly shows we are not getting our fair share And if you think the NCGA is nice to us-you need to get educated
  13. M

    Dr Hastie, Bio prof

    And a fellow Chapel of the Cross member She did everything well
  14. M

    Hey The "school" is of course very weird in that the faculty are Imbedded (by force) into...

    Hey The "school" is of course very weird in that the faculty are Imbedded (by force) into existing Depts. The PR is they encourage civil discussion, the perception is they literally are embedded spies to report on Wokeism . It never had faculty input-just jammed it on the University. I don't...
  15. M

    Kids college visits non unc

    Sometimes they are very vague whether it is an academic scholarship or "financial aid" ? Two of my kids got partial schoarlships to fancy privates-my conclusion was they gave us enough so that their cost to UNC_Ch would have been identical (Home address CH) Now granted my W-2 sucked compared to...
On3

Latest

  1. 01 Miami vs. Clemson: Live updates, stats & game chat
  2. 02 On3 Football This Alabama team has the makings of Kalen DeBoer's best and most complete
  3. 03 On3 Football This isn't the offense Michigan paid for when it signed Bryce Underwood
  4. 04 On3 Football AP Poll Prediction: Projecting Top 25 ranking after Week 5 of college football
  5. 05 On3 Football Matt Rhule blasts officiating in Nebraska-Maryland game: 'It was ridiculous'