Recent content by MississippiTexan

  1. MississippiTexan

    Has your opinion of Lebby changed

    This is pretty much how I feel. I'm still not 100% sold just yet, but I'm moving that direction. I really like the hires he made to the coaching staff and analysts in the offseason and he seems to be listening to them. It also clear it helps to have a generational QB, but he put himself in...
  2. MississippiTexan

    Has your opinion of Lebby changed

    I don't see any polls with Oklahoma in the top 20 and there is a pretty good chance they will be 2-4 when we play them. Their next 3 games before they play us are Georgia, Texas, and Kentucky.
  3. MississippiTexan

    Has your opinion of Lebby changed

    Well if there was ever a year to push all of our chips in to NIL and the transfer portal it will be next year. Surely, it will be our last year with KT1 and we have to surround him with as much talent as possible. Hopefully, we can find his replacement in recruiting too and let him sit a year...
  4. MississippiTexan

    SEC Week 1 Schedule...

    Got to remember in the playoffs he had all of Kiffin's assistants that stayed just for the playoffs. The only change on that team after Kiffin leaving was Kiffin being gone. All Golding had to do was let the offensive assistants do what they did all season. He doesn't have them now. It's...
  5. MississippiTexan

    OT: Jethreauxdawg and Jeffreauxdawg to the Moon

    Genuine question, why wouldn't you do business with SpaceX? Is there a particular reason or is it just your disdain for Musk who happens to own it? If it's just Musk, that's your prerogative, but I haven't heard that much bad stuff about the actual company itself that I'd ever consider turning...
  6. MississippiTexan

    Mississippi JUCO football rosters

    It's true, they now get a Super Score which is the best scores from each section from all the times they have taken it. I would love to know what my super score would have been back when I took it.
  7. MississippiTexan

    Alumni bases and recruiting

    You off about Dallas over Houston. Houston is full of engineers and we should be pimping our engineering school, especially the chemical engineering, all over Houston. I'm not sure where you get the no direct flights from Houston to Jackson thing. I can fly Southwest direct from Hobby or...
  8. MississippiTexan

    Five hot takes

    To be fair, a top 70 defense last year probably would have meant we would have won 8 games last year.
  9. MississippiTexan

    I like this Cousin Shane guy…

    My understanding is Golding had all of Lane's assistant coaches for the playoffs and they all left after they lost. Everyone thinks Golding is going to be good because he did well in the playoffs without Lane, but he could just be the opposite of Arnett and let those assistants do their job...
  10. MississippiTexan

    Land Grantin': Clemson hires Michigan State president, he gets peek under the hood and stays at Michigan State

    No, they don't. Children of alumni get $4,000, which doesn't come close to covering the difference between in-state tuition and out of state tuition at State ($11,095 vs $30,086) https://www.admissions.msstate.edu/tuition Edit: Looks like they raised it to $5,000. I was going off what my...
  11. MississippiTexan

    Carnival cruise booked

    My family likes cruises and we use to sail on Carnival, but are branching out now that they changed their loyalty system. After experiencing other cruise lines I can definitely say my opinion is it's just the clientele, especially on their shorter (cheaper) cruises and depending on where you...
  12. MississippiTexan

    Another visiting World Cup migrant..........

    I'd hate to know what you consider skinny if you think she is a little chubby.
  13. MississippiTexan

    MLB Draft Change Proposal…

    Draft bonuses being cut by 50% and having hard draft slot amounts, meaning you can't go over that amount, could mean guys decide stay all 4 (or is it 5) years now. At least for the teams who go hard with NIL for baseball. Second round draft slots go from $2.6 to 1.3 million. Cut that in half...
  14. MississippiTexan

    Texas Tech QB got the injunction from the state court judge

    With it looking like other P4 conferences won't schedule TT in any sport, potentially even teams in it's own conference, what are the chances that TT just cuts him? I mean, great, he's eligible to play but that doesn't mean TT has to keep him or play him does it?
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football It may be now or never for Oklahoma coach Brent Venables, quarterback John Mateer
  2. 02 On3 Football First-year head coaches are winning now, and Year 1 expectations have changed
  3. 03 Sports Predictions College football Polymarket predictions: Staples’ best trades of Week 6
  4. 04 Rivals Football Recruiting DJ Tubbs sets multiple game-day visits and SEC program could be separating
  5. 05 On3 NIL Jim Phillips: ACC does not have 'unanimity' on Protect College Sports Act