Recent content by mhs1964

  1. M

    Oregon head coach Altman RETIRES

    I’m not certain that these salaries are dictated by an honest market. Most schools are losing money and have hit all their sources that they have for money. This current framework has no comparison to the pros. They function under a salary cap, can sign players to multiyear contracts and can...
  2. M

    Kentucky 25 in coaches poll, drops from AP

    This exactly explains what I have mentioned on numerous posts on this site. The regional bias and the hatred/jealousy of the SEC never allows voters to determine strength of schedule and records mean everything even if all their wins were against horrible teams. All of the voters in ACC land had...
  3. M

    Great win but qb has to improve

    Are you comparing him to Tom Brady? Give me a break.
  4. M

    Did I miss the thread mocking Caleb Williams?

    I pulled a hamstring when I was around 30. I had exercised essentially none for the past decade and decided to participate in a softball league with a team where I worked. I was batting and hit a screamer down the third base line that normally would have been a standup double. I took one step...
  5. M

    Vacationing in Spain

    I agree that Madrid is more authentic Spanish than Barcelona and is why I said I was glad that I visited. Madrid was old world while Barcelona felt new world though that new world was rooted in art nouveau and Gaudi.
  6. M

    Vacationing in Spain

    Did a Lisbon, Madrid and Barcelona trip right before the pandemic and it was a wonderful time. I’m glad I visited Madrid but wouldn’t return. I’d go back to Lisbon and Barcelona any time. It’s amazing the difference in the two Spanish cities. You think you are in two different countries. The...
  7. M

    Louisville season over

    I don’t disagree with your logic and argument. If schedule is indeed taken into account You are absolutely correct. I just don’t trust the people who put it together. Furthermore I don’t trust the ACC to have Miami, if they are undefeated going into champio nship game throw it in order to get a...
  8. M

    Louisville season over

    I hope you are correct but I’ll believe it when I see it.
  9. M

    Louisville season over

    I somewhat disagree. If they win all these cupcakes the record will allow those voters that exhibit bias with that now familiar refrain, “they beat those on the schedule. What more could they do?”.
  10. M

    Anyone else indifferent for the coming basketball season?

    It’s hard to get excited about basketball when it’s still summer weather. The program used to build up with a true midnight madness with the camp out for tickets. All of these have vanished (and it occurred before Pope so don’t blame it on him)
  11. M

    Is this true? (Regarding basketball injuries)

    I agree we seem to be snake bit with injuries but none of these are the result of poor training. No trainer can prevent a damn finger fracture a Jones foot fracture an ACL tear or a ham string. The two shoulder injuries in past couple of years point to the transformation of basketball into a...
  12. M

    24 in AP

    I couldn’t believe Louisville hardly dropped in the coaches poll. It just shows regional and conference bias in the voters. I don’t know if UK truly belongs in top 25 or not but Louisville surely doesn’t
  13. M

    South Carolina Edge rusher dismissed

    They might have excised their cancer.
  14. M

    Am I just looking for something to blame on the transfer portal?

    For those teams that have playoff expectations and pressure the high level players will indeed shut down and protect themselves for the draft. The current bowls not involved in the playoffs are currently on precarious ground and when they expand (you know it’s inevitable) they will disappear or...
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football A 24-team College Football Playoff would reshape the coaching carousel: 'It's like playoff or bust'
  2. 02 On3 Football Nine straight September Heisman favorites have flamed out. Is Jeremiah Smith next?
  3. 03 On3 Football Can Mike Norvell save his job at Florida State and does a road win at Louisville even matter?
  4. 04 On3 Football Will Stein reacts to LSU putting up fake Kenny Minchey quote in locker room
  5. 05 On3 Football College Football Announcer Schedule: Broadcasters for top Week 6 games