Recent content by mgbreeze

  1. mgbreeze

    Basketball Basketball Coaching Changes

    I have a relative that coaches in that area and I've heard that is a tough, tough environment with interference from the parents.
  2. mgbreeze

    Basketball Basketball Coaching Changes

    I didn't see it mentioned that Beatrice is open. This once-proud program is in the dumpster. There was ONE senior out this season and he quit in January. He's a really good kid so I'm glad change is happening. EDIT: I'm a moron and I see it is posted above - sorry.
  3. mgbreeze

    Basketball ****BOYS STATE TOURNAMENT BRACKET - FINAL RESULTS****

    The only interesting game in D1 is BR vs HD. I think BR is playing really well so I'll take them for the honor of getting waxxed in the finals. JB would likely win C2 and would put up a fight in C1.
  4. mgbreeze

    Basketball Boys Class C and D Subdistrict Brackets Released

    Head to head results should matter when you're separated by 3 hundredths of a point. We shouldn't act like not playing at home doesn't matter, and we also shouldn't act like the momentum of a win vs a loss going into the district final isn't critical. I know how the brackets are seeded, that's...
  5. mgbreeze

    Basketball Boys Class C and D Subdistrict Brackets Released

    Bancroft-Rosalie not playing at home at 19-3 having already beaten Howells-Dodge. Great system.
  6. mgbreeze

    Basketball Girls Basketball Participation numbers

    Hopefully the fences are pushed back?
  7. mgbreeze

    Basketball Girls Basketball Participation numbers

    Malcolm plays on a dirt infield (I don't think there's any lime) with outfield dimensions better suited to softball! The mound situation is the one that makes me think it's about impossible to share a field.
  8. mgbreeze

    Basketball Girls Basketball Participation numbers

    On point 2, I would not agree with "many" sharing a field. I can't actually think of any, but I'll refrain from saying that there aren't any because I'm sure I'd end up being wrong. There are a LOT of differences that make sharing a field pretty difficult.
  9. mgbreeze

    Basketball Holiday Tournament Schedules

    Just want to make sure I understand you - you're saying the other guys on that list besides Wingett and Daum.... are not even close to being as good as this GACC kid? And you've seen those other guys play? Again... not even close?
  10. mgbreeze

    Football Head Coaching Openings

    Remembered primarily for going on a tirade after a loss about players that cared too much about baseball.
  11. mgbreeze

    Baseball ****STATE TOURNAMENT BRACKETS (FINAL)****

    I should add, TV coverage and the ability to cover 3 championship games back-to-back-to-back virtually guarantees that they will always want all three title games at the same venue.
  12. mgbreeze

    Baseball ****STATE TOURNAMENT BRACKETS (FINAL)****

    It's not. 2021 was the last year that Class A and Class B rotated between playing at Haymarket and Werner. Subsequently, Lincoln didn't bid to host the tourney at all, so Omaha got the whole shebang. Plus they added Class C. So now you get state tourney games at dumps (sorry, it is) like Fricke...
  13. mgbreeze

    Baseball ****STATE TOURNAMENT BRACKETS (FINAL)****

    I assume because of the full turf playing surface and the weather conditions yesterday. Those games were originally supposed to be at Fricke Field, which IMHO is way worse all around than Papio South. Honestly, the NSAA should be ashamed that these kids are playing state tourney games at these...
  14. mgbreeze

    Spring Baseball Favorites

    I was at the game. They started a pitcher that did not look like he should be on the mound for them. Maybe it was an off day for him, I suspect Coach Dunn is still sorting through exactly what he has from his pitching roster. Outside of that, Beatrice is solid and Kale Koch pitched an excellent...
  15. mgbreeze

    Baseball Scores from Thursday (3/14)

    How about that Gross/Ralston score!
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football Keelon Russell vs. Kamario Taylor could be the quarterback matchup of the year
  2. 02 On3 Football College Football Injury Report: Latest Week 5 updates at Florida, Louisville, Ohio State & more
  3. 03 On3 Football College football insider: Florida State's critical stretch, USC buyout math & more
  4. 04 On3 Football Jedd Fisch on potential 24-team College Football Playoff: 'Love it, we need it'
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting No. 1 WR Easton Royal schedules visits back to Florida, Texas and LSU -- and an updated decision timeline