Recent content by Metal Mike

  1. M

    Splain something to me Lucy

    The goal of setting the line is get money on both sides of the bet. The line is "best" when there are equal amounts of money on each side.
  2. M

    Thought this was an interesting read

    A couple of posters above have stated that authorities knew or suspected about Sandusky as early as 1998. What I read in the Freeh Report is that the investigation conducted in 1998 concluded that Sandusky did not exhibit the characteristics of a child molester. This investigation gave...
  3. M

    Thought this was an interesting read

    One fact that I found very interesting was in the Freeh Report. Not in the Executive summary but in the main body of the report. Sandusky was investigated by the police and a representative from the state office responsible for child safety. This was back when Sandusky was employed by PSU as...
  4. M

    PRAYERS ANSWERED. (Update) Asking for prayers. For myself.

    Fair, I have enjoyed your posts on this board. I look forward to your Christmas posts. You will be in my prayers and hope you have a speedy recovery.
  5. M

    Paging Notre Dame

    I cannot believe that is a sport at the college level. Thanks for posting.
  6. M

    OT: Describe your “Life flashed before your eyes” experience.

    My experience happened while a senior at PSU. I was taking flight lessons thru ROTC and on my second lesson the flight instructor demonstrated stalls. He noted that stalls were important because on landing we stall the aircraft. The demonstration at a safe altitude was to reduce the throttle...
  7. M

    Paging Notre Dame

    I have to ask what is Artistic swimming?
  8. M

    Paging Notre Dame

    I have to ask what is Artistic swimming?
  9. M

    OT: Best Hawaii 5-0's.

    I not only loved the opening song but loved the opening credits as they showed Hawaii and had a real feel. I was not in Hawaii when Hawaii 50 was on the air but was there when Magnum PI was being filmed. I was amazed how little was filmed in Hawaii. The crew would show up in early Aug. and...
  10. M

    Another 1960 Pittsburgh Pirate has died.

    Shake Rattle and Roll was Smokey Burgess I believe Bob Prince referred to Dick Groat as "The Captain". While my memory is not what it used to be I thought Bob Prince "The Gunner" had a nickname for the whole roster. It is hard to believe it has been 41 years since he is gone.
  11. M

    Penn State may cut 49 majors

    I was very concerned when I read that PSU may cut 49 Majors. I feel this will hit hardest at the College of Earth and Mineral Sciences (EMS). EMS has many majors with tiny enrollments. Back in the day I was a metallurgy major. In my last two years we had only 8 people as undergraduates...
  12. M

    I hope that the B1G won’t let them play non

    Earlier I watched a video on why Notre Dame would never join the Big Ten. Early in the 20th Century ND attempted to join the Big Ten 4 times. Four times and each time the anti-Catholic basis caused the Big Ten to reject ND. The way the rejections were worded made it clear the Big Ten was...
  13. M

    Dec 7th (84 Years)

    While there were many indications of Japan preparing for war, most agencies believed the Philippines would be the target. As to how the IJN task group got close to Hawaii no big mystery. They sailed from northern Japan and stayed in the North Pacific (which had very little traffic and) south...
  14. M

    Dec 7th (84 Years)

    A couple of thoughts: Gordon Prange author of "At Dawn we Slept" was a professor at Pitt. All but 2 of the Battleships sunk or damaged on 7 Dec. were back in the fight by 1944. This attack presented a major problem to FDR. On 8 Dec he asked and got Congress to declare war on Japan, but we...
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football First-year head coaches are winning now, and Year 1 expectations have changed
  2. 02 Sports Predictions College football Polymarket predictions: Staples’ best trades of Week 6
  3. 03 On3 Football On3 Heisman Trophy Poll: Top 10 player rankings after Week 5
  4. 04 On3 Basketball Aden Holloway back on Alabama basketball roster, will be suspended to begin season after arrest
  5. 05 On3 Football Urban Meyer: Bob Chesney is 'Coach of the Year candidate' after UCLA 4-0 start