Recent content by Max Rebo

  1. Max Rebo

    Hank or Heck?

    LOL. Basically, I’m like Kramer in this episode of Seinfeld:
  2. Max Rebo

    Hank or Heck?

    But seriously, I mainly think online polls are stupid, so I like to use my vote to confound the results. Heck looked good last night. Slow start, but he got it rolling. Offense looked good, but the number reason — by far — was that our run game was clicking from the opening snap. (Before Heck...
  3. Max Rebo

    Dana Altman

    I think it was when we hired Lickliter, in 2007. Altman's name came up a bunch, but he apparently was never contacted. That's when Altman ended up landing at Arkansas, only to back out of the job a day or so later. But he did give the world one of the cringiest introductory press conferences of...
  4. Max Rebo

    Jeremy Hecklinski and Jimmy Sullivan are operating as No. 1 and No. 2 In practice this week

    I believe even Kirk has admitted that he should have played that tOSU game differently.
  5. Max Rebo

    Dochterman on Hank Brown: "His ball placement has been rough this year."

    To be clear, Doc said even in the game where he had no incompletions, Hank’s ball placement was not good, but the receivers were able to make adjustments and come up with the catch. I like Doc a lot, but his thinking here aligns with many of the other folks who are banging the drum for...
  6. Max Rebo

    Did I miss it? What happened to Tavian Banks? Where is he playing?

    Honestly, I think the most likely answer is that Tavion Banks just didn't want to be in college anymore. But you can't really say that publicly, so we got various PR spins instead. Plus, it's always smart to keep options open, or at least appear to.
  7. Max Rebo

    secret scrimmages

  8. Max Rebo

    5-star PG Cayden Daughtry talks Iowa, overall recruitment:

    If he’s scheduling visits to Louisville, it would seem the “mom wanting him to stay close to home” angle is not going to be a deciding factor.
  9. Max Rebo

    Hanks health

    Yeah, they were pretty much sitting CJ in a chair behind center that game -- Scott Sterling style.
  10. Max Rebo

    Hanks health

    If the two QBs have been as even in practice as we have been told, and if Hank is nursing an injury this week, Heck should get the start at Washington. To be clear, I've felt like Hank has been the better QB this season, up until the OSU game. Prior to OSU, I feel like Hank had been playing...
  11. Max Rebo

    Time to retire the black pants (at least for the rest of the season)

    I would argue that the "busy" stripe pattern on our jerseys (actually a combination of 5 stripes, alternating black and gold) doesn't match the stripe pattern on our traditional gold pants (a single, wide black stripe). However, we've seen the combination for about 50 years now, so it looks...
  12. Max Rebo

    Should the hawks go jumbo OLine and backfield on some plays?

    Makes as much sense as switching quarterbacks.
  13. Max Rebo

    Do we need to start punishing teams for being too chicken sh** to allow kick returns?

    They used to have a rule the punished teams for kicking ball out of the back of the end zone. I believe in this circumstance, you got the ball at the 35.
  14. Max Rebo

    Ben on Pat McAfee Show, live, from Iowa City

    During the Fran era, “toughness” was generally defined as “a willingness to run one’s mouth.” There were exceptions to that, but it was generally true.
  15. Max Rebo

    5-star PG Cayden Daughtry talks Iowa, overall recruitment:

    @TailgateTom has better info. And it’s free.
On3

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Basketball Recruiting Pangos Rocky Mountain Summit: Saturday’s top performers
  2. 02 On3 Football After Florida State's blowout loss at Louisville, this finally feels like the end for Mike Norvell
  3. 03 On3 Football Kirby Smart has done just about everything there is to do in college football with one crimson-coated exception
  4. 04 UCLA vs. Oregon: Live updates, stats & game chat
  5. 05 On3 Football Florida vs. South Carolina enters lightning delay at halftime