Recent content by M080470

  1. M

    RIP: FB JEFF VAN NOTE

    He was good on the radio. My uncle and he were teammates and the same graduating class from St. Joe Prep in Bardstown, 1964. I wasn't a huge Falcons fan but I had a lot of his cards from 1977-80 Topps. One poster already mentioned it but his brother was a peewee league football coach that I...
  2. M

    FB: Auburn Staff member arrested Theft Trade secrets

    Football information theft is not a joke, Jim! Millions of football programs suffer every year!
  3. M

    A little story about Will Stein's Dad and my UK fandom

    I thought at some point I would call in to Coach Stein's show with this but I'm not the type to do call in to shows. I'm a born and raised and UK fan to younger parents who didn't have a lot of money at that point in their lives so most of my childhood was by following UK on TV and radio. I...
  4. M

    1995 SEC Tourney title game against Arkansas was arguably the most exciting SEC tourney game ever.

    Antoine.Walker's.coming out.party. He had shown flashes in the regular season but his first dominant performance all the way through. Epps being clutch when given a chance but also Mark Pope.was.really big in that game. Everytime it.seemed.like.Arkansas was.going to put us.away Pope.got.a.big...
  5. M

    Who has had the most hype of any incoming UK football player and ended up being a bust ?

    That's a good one. Not.biggest ever bust ever but for all the hype of being the best TE in the country and with what Mumme had done with James Whalen being an all-American TE at UK , it seemed like it was a perfect match but he never panned out.
  6. M

    Who has had the most hype of any incoming UK football player and ended up being a bust ?

    Baker was kind of a disappointment. He was ok but I remember one of the big pre-season college football mags doing a write-up on him being potentially UK's greatest running back ever. He was.a first-team All-American coming out of HS and I think was named player of the year in Kentucky by the AP...
  7. M

    Who has had the most hype of any incoming UK football player and ended up being a bust ?

    Goodwin was a much bigger bust than Elam. Elam at least got on the field and contributed but ended up just being a really big kid who wasn't a great athlete. And he was a really big recruiting win early for Stoops when Stoops was trying to gain momentum to get the program building started...
  8. M

    Arkansas and others--including SEC teams--joins Bahamas trip; Kentucky passed on option...

    The Calipari years proved those trips mean absolutely nothing. Pre-NIL it was maybe a selling point to incoming recruits to "Join the fun for 9 months!" , otherwise it was a glorified Harlem Globetrotters exhibition. It meant zilch for the future. If anything it was an exercise in frustration...
  9. M

    Why is Barnhart getting a mill a year?

    Kinda like this job
  10. M

    Aaron Torres Take On Stokes To Kentucky

    Didn't watch the Bird video but I had read somewhere that the biggest reason was that Knight roomed him with Steve Green I think. Green's dad was a doctor, Steve had a convertible and everything he could want. Larry was poor, a couple of pairs of jeans and shorts and t-shirts and that was it...
  11. M

    Jeff Drummond Appreciation Thread

    If true, honest to God, they just need to be put this site out of it's misery. One of the last bastions of talent, professionalism, and decency at a site that gets worse everyday. Jeff, they did you a favor. Sucks now but will lead to bigger and better things for you.
  12. M

    Aberdeen's dunk at the end was "bush league" according to Tim Brando

    What a dumb take! There was a chance, although small, we could possibly blow it. It completely iced it after that.
  13. M

    We ready to be honest about Malachi?

    Ridiculous to even bring it up. He's fine and he's ahead of schedule. Unless you're a consensus Top 3 player like a Davis or Cousins, big men struggle physically to adjust to the game. WCS was an ok freshman, Labisserie was terrible, but going further back Nazr, Magloire, Morris, Turpin all...
  14. M

    Probably a wild statement but…Baker-Mazara

    We had some fans arguing back in 2007-8 that Bud Mackey deserved a chance after getting arrested for selling crack so I guess adding Baker-Mazzara wouldn't be quite that bad.
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football Wasserman’s College Football Top 10: Alabama rises after dominant win over Mississippi State
  2. 02 On3 Football This Alabama team has the makings of Kalen DeBoer's best and most complete
  3. 03 On3 Football This isn't the offense Michigan paid for when it signed Bryce Underwood
  4. 04 On3 Football Marquise Lightfoot leaves Miami-Clemson game with injury, does not return
  5. 05 On3 Football Harvard walks off Colgate with miraculous Hail Mary lateral for the win