Recent content by LTblows

  1. L

    PJ Waldrop is the new MDA Exec Director…

    Your Mississippi figures are high, but hopefully we get to those numbers in short order.
  2. L

    Ineos Grenedier

    Rented one from Hertz on a trip. It’s a cool vehicle, and I would be happy to have one, but still think I’d prefer a Bronco. Lots of quirks, good and bad. The steering takes a bit to get used to. It’s really fun though.
  3. L

    OT: Madison data center tax fight

    I’m old enough to remember all these too. The biggest difference between data centers and those are: investment grade credit backstops from the most valuable companies on the planet are behind the data center construction. It’s not musical chairs, and the state isn’t holding the bag.
  4. L

    OT: Madison data center tax fight

    It’s absolutely because of the abundance of land and infrastructure. It’s exactly where data centers should be. That’s a great position to be in. “Taking advantage of yokels” is ridiculous framing. Municipalities have competed for these projects for years just like automotive plants or advanced...
  5. L

    OT: Madison data center tax fight

    I work hard for myself, thanks. For the record, I have no involvement with the AWS data centers in Mississippi. Just am able to provide some insight into the stupidly opaque data center industry.
  6. L

    OT: Madison data center tax fight

    Industry insider here- the reason that AWS does not want to share their actual internal cost numbers is because they have several unique sweetheart deals with certain equipment manufacturers, which if exposed, would piss off every other big name in the industry and ultimately end a massive...
  7. L

    Rank your top 3 LB's

    Chris White was a baller
  8. L

    Is the shine already coming off ai & data centers?

    In a closed-loop setup, liquid (usually treated water or a water/glycol mix) circulates through sealed piping to absorb heat from servers (via rear-door heat exchangers, in-row coolers, or direct-to-chip cold plates). That warmed liquid then flows to a central heat rejection system that...
  9. L

    Is the shine already coming off ai & data centers?

    There you go. And Loudon’s most notable issues came from two data centers. The data center owners located them in industrially zoned sites and followed all city ordinances on noise- in fact, going way beyond anything that was required. And the residents who raised a stink were the ones living...
  10. L

    Is the shine already coming off ai & data centers?

    I’m in the industry and need to hop in here to correct a lot of misinformation. Noise: do data centers make lots of noise? Yeah they can. You don’t want to live 300 feet from one, but most of the complaints are overblown. I’m half a mile from an interstate, and I can hear traffic from it. It...
  11. L

    Arizona Game Thread - Come Find Out What It Is All About…..

    I mean, he is really shifty and quick. Hell, their entire offense is really quick.
  12. L

    Anybody here ever had a gun or knife pulled on them?

    Held at gunpoint twice. Once in downtown Vicksburg, once in Knoxville. Neither was fun. Both times was when I was a teenager. There wasn’t much I could do other than just stand and wait for the situation to get resolved.
  13. L

    OT: Seattle

    The underground tour is neat, but don’t go there or certainly take your family Pioneer Square is extremely rough three days.
  14. L

    If you're going to wear a band's tshirt, you have to know how many songs?

    Agreed. My wife wears a Def Leppard shirt, but I know she cannot tell you any song that they sing. I'm not even sure if she knows that's a band.
  15. L

    OT - What NES/Atari/Sega game were you a master at?

    I once beat Mario 1 from start to finish in like eight minutes with taking all the warps and just running through the game.
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football SEC considering restoration of transfer portal policy
  2. 02 College Football Playoff How much Big Ten, SEC programs could gain from College Football Playoff expansion
  3. 03 On3 Football Georgia's offensive line blends fifth-year wisdom and raw talent, but can it push around Alabama?
  4. 04 On3 Football Oklahoma OL Michael Fasusi doubtful for Red River Rivalry, latest on return
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting Oklahoma State hosting a few 2027 recruits, key flip targets, and coveted 2028 and 2029 quarterbacks for UCF game