Recent content by LostInTransition

  1. L

    2026 college wrestling schedule news thread - NOW includes PSU 26-27 schedule

    Sorry pal, you're clueless. I get it though, we all love duals. Unfortunately we haven't found any to be competitive in years. You'll keep whining about the wrong problem though. The little dogs will continue to yip and the big dog doesn't pay them any mind.
  2. L

    2026 college wrestling schedule news thread - NOW includes PSU 26-27 schedule

    We'll let you in in a little secret here. PSU Wrestling, that is Cael's program, has transcended NCAA wrestling. You can blame Cael if you'd like but the reality is that the rest of the sport hasn't been able to keep up. About 12 or 13 years ago Jimmy Carlson asked Cael where he was going today...
  3. L

    '26 Who's #1 (9/26) thread

    We like our guys.
  4. L

    Why Social Media is enriching our lives, while it eats away at the fabric of our society.

    Yeah, I can't bring myself to hate DT. I've got a lot of respect for his creativity on the mat. His ability to bounce back from some tough losses and find a way to get to the top after being stopped by Dake, JB, Cox, and Yaz. Most of all, his work developing young wrestlers at M2 before moving...
  5. L

    EARLY 2026-27 lineup projections/discussions

    It's hard to tell those twins apart.
  6. L

    Real American Freestyle

    I sure hope he was smart enough to not pack any into Moscow.
  7. L

    EARLY 2026-27 lineup projections/discussions

    @WillieTheBrain talked about this on the last Basch and The Brain, says Jayden and his family have their eyes on reaching his full potential as a wrestler and not taking shortcuts. It seems Jayden is staying in Happy Valley, training at NLWC, and competing freestyle.
  8. L

    EARLY 2026-27 lineup projections/discussions

    Connor has always been rated higher p4p, the question I have, is how much difference there is between the two of them when Connor is always wrestling up a weight while Connor is at a more optimal weight? I guess we'll see this year.
  9. L

    Why Social Media is enriching our lives, while it eats away at the fabric of our society.

    I know we're all partial to Cael's record here and rightly so but what John Smith did from 87 through 92 is hard to top. In that stretch he won every major tournament, 2 NCAAs, 4 Worlds and 2 Olympics before retiring from competition to coach full time. He became head coach at OSU in 91 while...
  10. L

    EARLY 2026-27 lineup projections/discussions

    I don't believe we ever got any answers on the Raney's at the US Open this past April. They showed up, registered for Greco but then withdrew without wrestling. They never registered for FS as far as I know. There was message board speculation that DT didn't want them wrestling Greco, presumably...
  11. L

    '26 U20 World Championships (8/16 - 23) thread

    I mean I don't see any reason that Jayden should base his decision on anyone else. If his plan is to go now he should go whether or not he has to beat out any or all of Haines, Henckel or Cunningham. The team will be ok no matter which option Jayden chooses.
  12. L

    '26 U20 World Championships (8/16 - 23) thread

    Exactly. @WillieTheBrain and Basch were talking this morning that Levi's situation was leaving Jayden James in limbo and I don't get it. As to the gray shirt Jayden needs to do what's best for Jayden. If no Levi there's still Henckel and Cunningham to get into the lineup at 174.
  13. L

    '26 U20 World Championships (8/16 - 23) thread

    Leydecker has a gold one. They're a Womens Wrestling school these days.
  14. L

    '26 U20 World Championships (8/16 - 23) thread

    A helluva turnaround after the U17 Worlds.
  15. L

    '26 U20 World Championships (8/16 - 23) thread

    The same question was asked about KD in PJ's corner last year. Somewhere on these pages there's a video of Cael talking about it. If I recall correctly Cael said it was good for PJ to maintain the consistency that got him there.
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football SEC considering restoration of transfer portal policy
  2. 02 College Football Playoff How much Big Ten, SEC programs could gain from College Football Playoff expansion
  3. 03 On3 Football Georgia's offensive line blends fifth-year wisdom and raw talent, but can it push around Alabama?
  4. 04 On3 Football Upset Alert: Josh Pate reveals concern level for notable Week 6 games
  5. 05 On3 Football Report: South Carolina star Dylan Stewart expected to return from suspension vs. Florida