Recent content by lookleftgoright

  1. L

    A look at the preseason Top 10 at InterMat

    Ouch is right. We all knew this was going to be a rougher than usual year for the Hawks. Seeing it on papers a bit of an eye opener. Then again, they are only rankings.
  2. L

    Gable Steveson

    That is kind of my point. We have had the best athletes at hwt than we have ever had. Gable probably being the best of all of them He steps outside the wrestling world and has little to no success. Gable stood above the rest and it makes me think he seemed like such a great athlete because...
  3. L

    Gable Steveson

    It is so surprising that a guy with his talent cannot do anything except wrestle. It is really starting to make me doubt the athleticism of heavyweight wrestlers. He could have made a good living wrestling if he had stuck with it. Does he not want to do the work or was he just bored because...
  4. L

    Big Ten Wrestling Championships move to neutral site

    Is there a city that makes sense that does not have a big ten team in the state? I mean Phoenix makes no sense or LA would be stupid. I guess Miami would be neutral but that make no sense either. Atlanta? Nashville? Also, just because it is in a city like Cleveland does not give the OSU...
  5. L

    Gabe Christensen

    I keep seeing something on my feed about losing Gabe. Can anyone tell me what happened? Is it recent or something from the past that is just showing up?
  6. L

    Other notable results and news

    I agree. I do not think Cael is concerned about growing the sport. I think he is concerned about winning as much as possible and doing what makes his guys the most successful. Maybe he thinks it helps the sport and causes others to grow so they can compete and maybe he is a selfish son of a...
  7. L

    Other notable results and news

    Cael seems to have more of a long term philosphy and international philosophy. Wrestle as few times as possible and get ready for the big meets. The less times you make weight the more longevity your career will have. He seems to want to get guys ready for international competition and not so...
  8. L

    NEWS: 2027 pledge Sonny Amato announces decommitment

    I get the feeling that TnT have high moral standards and they aren't willing to be unethical. Many kids may not like that and many parents may not like it, because they are in it for themselves above all else. Who would have thought having a strong moral fiber would tick off so many people.
  9. L

    NEWS: 2027 pledge Sonny Amato announces decommitment

    We also need to factor in that kids these days are extremely entitled and people are constantly throwing money at them even after they commit. It is quite possible that this is just another case of that happening.
  10. L

    NEWS: 2027 pledge Sonny Amato announces decommitment

    Not sure if the coaches are that demanding, but I can see where TnT only want super dedicated kids on the roster. Amato may have just been acting like a normal high school kid who wants to have fun with his friends and enjoy his summer. That isn't always acceptable to someone who wants to take...
  11. L

    Askren

    I think Brody Grothus would be a huge fan draw. Any news of him getting a match? :-)
  12. L

    HS Recruiting News

    Not to mention the stalling that isn't called in Folkstyle can neutralize a lot of the freestylers advantages on the feet.
  13. L

    Ferrari rumor

    So is AJ going to be a Hawk next season or not?
  14. L

    Nobody has worn it better!

    I had a vasectomy years ago without sedatives or any pain numbing either. I assumed that was how it was always done. I drove myself home and then was at wrestling practice (as a coach) the next morning at 10. Maybe us midwestern guys are just tough like that. :-)
  15. L

    Ferrari rumor

    I like the way you think!!
On3

Latest

  1. 01 College Football Playoff College Football Bowl Projections Week 6: Full list of matchups, playoff predictions
  2. 02 On3 Football Hot seat intel: Where things stand at South Carolina, TCU & more
  3. 03 College Football Playoff College Football Playoff prediction: Alabama rises after road win, Northwestern enters the bracket
  4. 04 On3 Football Matt Rhule makes cameo appearance in HBO's Lanterns finale
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting Oklahoma State is surging with former Big Ten commit -- and a visit is set