Recent content by Lone Star Rooster

  1. Lone Star Rooster

    Interesting metric when SC is up by 10 in an SEC game since '23

    Thanks! Yeah, pretty damning. What might have been...
  2. Lone Star Rooster

    Interesting metric when SC is up by 10 in an SEC game since '23

    I get the gist of what he's trying to say, but the math ain't mathing there. How can you go 6-5 in 10 games? And where does he get the 64% figure from?
  3. Lone Star Rooster

    What do we think of Landon Powell for head coach?

    I think Landon Powell for head coach is a great idea...for North Greenville. We can, and should, aim higher.
  4. Lone Star Rooster

    In unsurprising news

    Might be unpopular opinion around here, but I think 6-6 and a bowl appearance buys Beamer another year. I'm not saying that should be the case (I think anything less than 8-4, he should be shown the door), but I believe that's the reality we're facing. And yes, MBB for us is just a sunk cost at...
  5. Lone Star Rooster

    Favorite Gamecock football game of all time

    Gotta go with UGA 2012. We were unstoppable. I thought we had arrived. Bama 2010 is a close second.
  6. Lone Star Rooster

    Carolina sports admin: no commitment to winning, don't care about fans

    Correct. And, I try to remember this: when Donati arrived in Dec 24/Jan 25... - We were in the football playoff conversation - LP was the defending SEC Coach of the Year - Manieri had not yet coached a game for SC Things went sideways/south in a hurry. I'm not happy with the way things are...
  7. Lone Star Rooster

    In the past, a five-year deal signaled to high school recruits that the coach

    So would I, and so would probably a majority of college sports fans. But those long-term deals have become the norm, and trying to break that trend is going to be tough.
  8. Lone Star Rooster

    Lamont Paris.........

    We'll always have Paris...
  9. Lone Star Rooster

    Or is it actually JEREMIAH DO NADA?!

    I think we're saving up for buyouts to come in baseball (probably 100% chance, unless Manieri retires) and, in all likelihood (say 50% chance or greater), football. If things go south for Beamer this fall and we part ways with him, don't be surprised if we retain Paris even after a subpar 26-27...
  10. Lone Star Rooster

    Lou Holtz has passed

    I remember how giddy I was when we hired him in '98. I still have a bumper sticker somewhere from that era that read, "How Do You Spell Relief? H-O-L-T-Z"
  11. Lone Star Rooster

    Paris should do the right thing and just resign

    I'll ask the same question here that I did on another thread about Manieri: why would LP give up free money by resigning?
  12. Lone Star Rooster

    Baseball

    Why would he resign and give up free money?
  13. Lone Star Rooster

    Maineri Quote & and it’s not a good one

    I’m too lazy to go back and confirm this…but I thought I read that Maneiri was basically on a one year deal, so we shouldn’t have much if any buyout to get rid of him (unless it happens mid season, which I wouldn’t totally rule out happening).
  14. Lone Star Rooster

    Does anyone know why Steve Taneyhill's name and number is missing on Williams Brice stadium (West side upper)?

    That, and the various misspellings of McGuire, including any variation that has a Q in it. No wonder we as Gamecocks can’t have nice things, we don’t respect the few legends we have.
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football It may be now or never for Oklahoma coach Brent Venables, quarterback John Mateer
  2. 02 On3 Football First-year head coaches are winning now, and Year 1 expectations have changed
  3. 03 Sports Predictions College football Polymarket predictions: Staples’ best trades of Week 6
  4. 04 On3 Football Kirby Smart raves about Keelon Russell, 'backyard' play style from Alabama QB
  5. 05 On3 Football Tennessee expected to start QB George MacIntyre at Arkansas