Recent content by Lionhawk85

  1. L

    Washington

    Was driving home with my son after being at the OSU game/loss. Gave him the history education of what happens to Iowa when we go out west - saw the historical scores and goes “oh boy…” Hoping the team can buck history and get the ship back on track this Friday! But definitely has a “I’ll...
  2. L

    Start of Game(s)

    Death, taxes, and Iowa received the opening kickoff under KF. KF ALWAYS chooses to receive and other teams wisely choose to defer. I think KF has the last drive of the game in mind when he chooses to receive as he wants to be able to choose which direction to go in the second half. Not...
  3. L

    Hanks health

    Hank has looked great when we have played far inferior opponents and our running game looked phenomenal. He’s looked mediocre (game manager) when our running game isn’t gashing the defense. Technically only one int but he’s had multiple fumbles (yes, only one lost) and multiple throws that...
  4. L

    Heck

    My hunch is if Brown’s “injury” limits his preparation and practice this week - especially on a short week - they’ll go with Heck. I put injury in quotes because I am genuinely not sure if it’s an injury or simply was hurt. I was at the game and was excited when they put in Heck as I assumed...
  5. L

    Game was too big for a young team

    Just dont have the usual playmakers on defense this year. Combined with a mediocre (at best) DL that doesn’t generate pressure or tipped passes or stuff the run, and there was never any way our D was going to hold up over the long haul this game. They NEEDED the offense to make some big...
  6. L

    Estimating the damage tomorrow by jeremiah smith

    Bracing for a David bell type of day but with multiple TDs. That’s survivable if they limit other damage and the offense can punch back! But likely will be frustrating to watch :(
  7. L

    How I'm feeling about the Hawkeyes on Saturday

    I think we need to hit with a big play early like Beathard to Tevan Smith in the 2015 BIG championship game (without the soul crushing outcome tho)! So Brown to Diaz for like a huge Td. Make a psychological impact that Smith ain’t the only threat in this game and announce we’re ready to go...
  8. L

    how much upside does this team have?

    Feels like a team that is going to play every game close. Win the turnover battle and win special teams and we’ll probably win. Lose either of those and the game is probably a toss up against good BIG teams and a loss against the top BIG teams. Definitely see this team with the ability to...
  9. L

    Odds you had us scoring on that Final play

    This wasn’t exactly the question the OP posed, but I actually looked at the espn win probability in the box score before we snapped the first play of the last drive. Said 3.1% chance for Iowa to win. I said out loud that is WAAAAAAY too generous. In my mind, based on how we looked to that...
  10. L

    $150 well spent

    I know the hedge well, and we thank you for your sacrifice!!
  11. L

    NFL Throw right there boys!

    Throw and catch both!
  12. L

    *****Iowa vs Michigan Game Thread*****

    where are all the posters that were so confident underwood was horrible and would play like crap??
  13. L

    *****Iowa vs Michigan Game Thread*****

    My cautious optimism keeps getting snuffed out when I think about how long it’s been since we pulled one of these out and the fact that we just can’t seem to have nice things. Only trying to stay realistic bc I’m not ready to be hurt again :)
  14. L

    LETS GO HAWKS!

    I agree. Haven’t “proved it” in a long time, and we’re still a young team. First road game against a physically tough opponent. So far we’ve beaten arguably one of the worst teams in D1 (NIU), squeeked by a completely rebuilt isu team at home, and beat an FCS team. We are appropriately...
  15. L

    Iowa-Michigan Prediction Thread

    Brown staring down his target catches up to him in this one. I’m afraid he has two turnovers and that’s enough to seal it I a close one - Michigan 16, Iowa 9.
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football It may be now or never for Oklahoma coach Brent Venables, quarterback John Mateer
  2. 02 On3 Football First-year head coaches are winning now, and Year 1 expectations have changed
  3. 03 Sports Predictions College football Polymarket predictions: Staples’ best trades of Week 6
  4. 04 On3 Football Josh Pate releases updated college football ratings in pre-Week 6 JP Poll
  5. 05 On3 Football 2026 National Title Odds: Georgia leads Polymarket odds after Week 5 of season