Recent content by LathamLad

  1. L

    Baseball Question

    Thanks, Coral Springs. On the Dragons site, Launch's stats reflect a tough start. In 13 games and 32 at-bats in '26, his batting average was .094. Half of the ABs were strikeouts. Tough start. But I hope he can persevere and achieve success.
  2. L

    Baseball Question

    I read in the summer that Ryan Kucherak and Jack Lausch had been drafted by MLB teams (Padres & Reds, respectively). Can't find, however, if either signed or wound up playing anywhere in '26. Anyone know?
  3. L

    Bowl projections showing up ...

    I respect those who enjoy speculating, but I prefer not to do so. It's all fantasyland, at least until the Cats become bowl eligible, right?
  4. L

    Irish Open

    For that matter, last week on this side of Atlantic waters NU's own Daniel Svard played in the PGA Tour Americas tourney in Victoria, B C. He scuffled some during the first three rounds, but yesterday was a different story. He must've missed a couple of putts, because the best he could muster...
  5. L

    Men’s Soccer Shocks #2 UMD

    Damned if that isn't a major stunner. Congrats to NU's mens soccer squad. Sorry I couldn't see it.
  6. L

    NU game on TV today?

    As you may know by now, the NUSports website lists Curren NU games at the top of the page. Click on "Links" and you'll see an easy link to WGN feed. Easiest way I know to get it.
  7. L

    Big Ten TV Schedule: Week One (9/3-9/6)

    Indeed he seemed to shout as if addressing a large audience through megaphone instead of speaking into a headset microphone. Really ghastly and grating on the nerves of viewers.
  8. L

    Greatest Poster in WR History

    Yes, I think that was acknowledged. He may have had his detractors; not I among them. I did come to know him a bit, and he was very cordial to me and my wife. We even sat beside Turk through a whole game. Knowing he would be posting the usual player "grades" afterward, I was reluctant to...
  9. L

    Greatest Poster in WR History

    What a superb post by Eurocat and so many others in this thread. I've been unable to get to many Cats games in any sport for years, and likely have seen my last in person. (Wife's health has turned me into a pretty much full-time caregiver.) But this board -- and its predecessors -- have...
  10. L

    Feature on SDSU QB

    After reading such an impressive pre-season rundown on a Cats opponent, I wonder if we should seek to cancel the game and avoid embarrassment. No way NU can keep up. If, however, it's too late to declare a forfeit -- then my Plan B is to show up, take the field, block and tackle well, spring a...
  11. L

    Men's Hoops Family Dinner at Vegas Summer League

    Notably absent: oldest player on the Houston Rockets summer roster in Las Vegas is one Miller Kopp. Listed as age 27. Got in 10+ minutes oncourt vs Toronto last night. 0-5 from the field. Was he even invited to the Family Dinner?
  12. L

    Veronica Burton

    Link?
  13. L

    Jack Lausch!

    Agree. A quck random check of another program (Texas Tech) that isn't close to being a conference leader. They have 8-9 players with batting averages over .300 and no one with anything close to Lausch's strikeout ratio. Strike zone awareness seems to be a problem, and the pros (not just MLB)...
  14. L

    2026 NUSB Thread

    Much appreciated. You really know your SB!
  15. L

    Volleyball Team

    I'd not heard of this event. Presumably each conference is represented by what's regarded as its two best teams. NU may not be chopped liver but its squad would receive few if any votes for that level at this time. It'll be greatiwhen that happens in future "challenges."
On3

Latest

  1. 01 College Football Playoff College Football Bowl Projections Week 6: Full list of matchups, playoff predictions
  2. 02 On3 Football Hot seat intel: Where things stand at South Carolina, TCU & more
  3. 03 College Football Playoff College Football Playoff prediction: Alabama rises after road win, Northwestern enters the bracket
  4. 04 Rivals Football Recruiting Oklahoma State is surging with former Big Ten commit -- and a visit is set
  5. 05 On3 Greg McElroy: Keelon Russell 'might be the best quarterback in the country by season's end'