It was not enrollment. Deerfield is the smallest school in all of the Central Suburban League. It is performance related. Deerfield was dominating the rest of the CSL North in all sports. The move was based on success in all sports, not just football.
For as much as we’re talking about how ESL is unbeatable, are we forgetting that they lost in the 6A title game just last year? I’m not sure if anyone in 7A or 8A could have beaten them this year, but I would much rather have seen ESL play Loyola, Mt. Carmel or LWE than an overmatched Prairie Ridge.
People are severely under estimating Hersey. I saw them beat Prospect on the road and their offense was fantastic. They have trail blazing offensive linemen and a ton of team speed at the skill positions. They will often pull an entire back side of the line on sweeps or end arounds to create a...
I’ll admit, I saw Maine South struggle with New Trier in week 9 and thought it would be an early playoff exit. But they seem to have found another gear in the playoffs. I’d love to see a rematch between Glenbrook South and Maine South with a trip to the semis on the line. We will see if GBS can...
We're really lucky to be in this game, but man are we playing poorly. The drops have been particularly bad. RCB had a bad one in the first half and that one by #4 would probably have been a first down.