Recent content by Kirbs

  1. K

    *****UNI vs Iowa Game Thread*****

    Looks like a knee. Killer injury going into Ann Arbor next week
  2. K

    Hank Brown played very well, 70% completion, no INTs. Buhr was great

    Brown wasn’t the problem. The Hawks were just beat up and pushed around in the trenches. It was really disappointing especially by the OL since there are supposed to be 2 nfl early round draft picks playing
  3. K

    *****Iowa St vs Iowa Game Thread*****

    Just like everyone said: we have a QB and a kicker, but no running game or OL
  4. K

    *****Iowa St vs Iowa Game Thread*****

    This right here. The OL is getting owned, and until the Hawks can run more effectively, it’s going to be ugly
  5. K

    Best backup performers?

    Joseph Anderson needs to be on the field in 3rd down packages or obvious passing situations. He’s so athletic and long that he can be a real problem for OTs- he jumped off the screen to me when I watched him play in the second half
  6. K

    How are we feeling about the D-line after one game?

    I thought the player who jumped out at me with his energy and speed was Anderson. He’s an athlete. I hope he continues to get reps on passing downs
  7. K

    QB Battle: Jeremy Hecklinski appears to have passed Hank Brown on the Depth Chart. QB was NOT a Transfer Portal Priority per KF on Dec 18

    I would say that Hecklinski has a better ball. Quick release, tight spin and gets to the receiver on a line with good accuracy. Brown locks in too much. That said, Brown made the right throw more often than not yesterday. It’s very possible that we will need both this season. We will know a lot...
  8. K

    *****N Illinois vs Iowa Game Thread*****

    Brown is a 1 read sort of passer, it looks like. That might not work against Michigan or even ISU
  9. K

    *****N Illinois vs Iowa Game Thread*****

    The NIU defense is worse than anything Iowa has played in awhile. I think Albany was tougher last year
  10. K

    *****N Illinois vs Iowa Game Thread*****

    I don’t think NIU’s MLB had any interest in taking on Winter. He was in the Finkbine lot shotgunning a beer by the time KM got to the end zone
  11. K

    Off season arena thread

    I like it. Call me a traditionalist but I’m not a fan of the Oregon style of court. It gives me a headache
  12. K

    *****Jonathan Harris commits to IOWA*****

    And he watched the kid work at camp. When will people stop doubting Phil?
  13. K

    Off season arena thread

    I’ve been wondering about moving the arena from the current location to the Old Capitol mall location for awhile so I asked Chat GPT. From Chat GPT: The comparison is surprisingly close: Old Capitol Town Center (formerly Old Capitol Mall) is about 375,000 square feet. Carver-Hawkeye Arena...
  14. K

    Who excites you the most of the new players? Which of the returnees will have a breakout year?

    This is the guy who I thought would play the role that Sage played this year. Very glad that he has bought into Ben’s system and is sticking around. And now we have two 4-5 stars who are versatile and 6’6”-6’8”. One wasn’t expected (Sage) and one with the accolades.
  15. K

    VOTE: What do you think ultimately happens with the LAST Roster Spot (14 of the 15 spots are filled)

    A good shooter and a Senior so the scholarship opens up next year.
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football A 24-team College Football Playoff would reshape the coaching carousel: 'It's like playoff or bust'
  2. 02 On3 Football Nine straight September Heisman favorites have flamed out. Is Jeremiah Smith next?
  3. 03 On3 Football Can Mike Norvell save his job at Florida State and does a road win at Louisville even matter?
  4. 04 On3 Football 2026 Big 12 Championship Polymarket odds entering Week 6
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting Nebraska hosting 4-star flip target for Indiana game — and surging into visit