Recent content by JWB389

  1. J

    PSU vs USC.

    Did I see wonder-kind Jerry Neuheisel on the NW sideline last night? Surely he holds the keys to the PSU defense. He’s got it all figured out. We’ll be fine from here on out.
  2. J

    FC: White Out Tix….

    I’ve got mine up on Ticketmaster below their suggested price and still no takers. Decent location too, EJ 40 on the end, so nobody behind you. Upgraded padded seat. Nada.
  3. J

    Rip - Dennis Haskins - America’s Principal

    About 25 years ago, wife and I are in Planet Hollywood at Disney. I tell my wife, I just took a leak with Mr. Belding. She looks at me and rolls her eyes. Yea, right. A few minutes later, some dude with a microphone comes out, introduces Haskins to the crowd and he leads the whole place in...
  4. J

    Is it just me, but are ticket sales lagging?

    I respectfully disagree to some extent. I think they need to figure how to get students to the lesser games. The hunger for tickets is to get into the white out or OSU. It’s 1, 2 maybe 3 games some years. If they would have doubled student tix this year, the last 2 games would have been empty...
  5. J

    Is it just me, but are ticket sales lagging?

    A couple comments in reply to several points. On cost of tix. I have 2 seats in EJ. I think they are still a bargain, even with next year’s increase. They’re not premium seats, but good enough. One thing that has changed, it has been impossible for me to sell tix on the secondary market lately...
  6. J

    Is it just me, but are ticket sales lagging?

    Yea, it’s an unpopular observation, but I think we’ll see a massive drop in actual attendance, but we’ll never know it. I get it, sad competition. The new upper west side is empty on the north and south ends. The north and south upper decks rarely fill as it is. I think a lot of people left the...
  7. J

    Too funny, was watching BTN B1G Today yesterday and who do they have on as their new "Retired Coach Expert/Prognosticator"????

    I thought initially we would see a much more disciplined team this year. Now I am not so sure.
  8. J

    Too funny, was watching BTN B1G Today yesterday and who do they have on as their new "Retired Coach Expert/Prognosticator"????

    Our last loss was to eventual champion Indiana. Of course, we lost 5 in a row prior to that. SMH. Remove the OSU game, which we had no hope of winning. We lost the other 5 by a combined 16 points. All very winnable games.
  9. J

    Too funny, was watching BTN B1G Today yesterday and who do they have on as their new "Retired Coach Expert/Prognosticator"????

    I don’t know if it’s a bias or not, but it’s pretty obvious we’ve been on the losing end of the “upset of the week” predictions for quite a while. Funny thing to me is that we were rarely upset under JF and nobody picked us as the upset of the week last year at UCLA or vs. NW. They’re...
  10. J

    Mount Paterno

    Love Florence. I would love to live there for a short time after retirement. If you get the chance, visit Castello Di Verrazano. Do the wine tasting with lunch. Highly recommended. I spent 12 days in Italy in May, this was far and away the best meal I had while there. Totally unexpected. And my...
  11. J

    Anybody else watching the podcast with Lubrano

    Suffice it to say that torched a few bridges on that podcast. WOW!
  12. J

    R.I.P., Barry Melrose (70)

    Wow, I know very little about hockey and I know him. Always sad to hear this news.
  13. J

    Thoughts on Temple game?

    I was at that game and honestly don’t remember.
  14. J

    Parking for Marshall - how was it?

    You should be ok, but, like I said, noon can be unpredictable. You’re going to the Buffalo game? I’m betting it will be lightly attended anyway.
  15. J

    Thoughts on Temple game?

    Can’t get a read on the sarcasm meter here. Have Temple people really been bad? I’ve never witnessed that. My daughter is a currently a sophomore at Temple. Best I can tell, they don’t care.
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football Kirby Smart has done just about everything there is to do in college football with one crimson-coated exception
  2. 02 On3 Football UCLA is learning why Bob Chesney has won throughout his career
  3. 03 Sports Predictions College Football Predictions: McMurphy's best Week 6 trades
  4. 04 Rivals Basketball Recruiting West Virginia, Florida State & others making early impression with 4-star PG Kenyon St. Louis
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting Oklahoma floods the Cotton Bowl with blue-chippers and flip targets for Red River Rivalry game