Recent content by jomo2272

  1. J

    Football Field Suites are coming to Rutgers Football, SHI Stadium

    In addition to my season tix for Rutgers, I have field club seats for Texas (both my daughters go there) that are kinda exactly what they are trying to replicate. In terms of the section itself, inside under the seats (think the RU recruiting porch but on the ground level) behind the endzone...
  2. J

    OT: Texas/Ohio State Tickets

    Both my daughters got to UT and we have had season tickets for 3 years. Aside from having to be smart on where you sit in September through mid-October (knowing the shaded sections of the stadium is key to buying tix online), the gameday experience - despite the tailgating scene being weird...
  3. J

    OT: Electric vehicles

    Its crazy expensive, but the Cadillac Escalade IQ is like 450 miles of range....
  4. J

    OT: New Jersey residents express broad-based positive opinions of Rutgers University

    Statistics would tell you legacy enrollments lead to 50% higher donations vs. non legacy, so it does matter in the real world. While I am 100% for meritocracy in society and think we have probably strayed too far in the opposite direction the last 5+ years or so, that is an idealistic world...
  5. J

    OT: New Jersey residents express broad-based positive opinions of Rutgers University

    We did but to be honest, we didn't find our very value added from a strategic perspective. I think they are great as a buffer between you and your kids because it seems the kids take the same messaging better from a 3rd party vs. directly from their parents, but they seem to take the path of...
  6. J

    OT: New Jersey residents express broad-based positive opinions of Rutgers University

    I have sanitized parts of my story for public consumption. The finer details would have everyone shaking their heads. More and more public schools are reserving 80-90% of their slots for in state students, which makes total sense to me. At UT while being in the top 6% guarantees you entry into...
  7. J

    OT: New Jersey residents express broad-based positive opinions of Rutgers University

    I will say President Tate, by all accounts, totally gets this and sees the importance of creating a more welcoming legacy environment. Too late for me and my family, but it sounds like he really “gets it” on a variety of topics these boards have been debating for the 20+ years I have been...
  8. J

    OT: New Jersey residents express broad-based positive opinions of Rutgers University

    She is a currently a junior at McCombs, the undergraduate business school. Youngest is a senior in HS and going to McCombs this fall.
  9. J

    OT: New Jersey residents express broad-based positive opinions of Rutgers University

    Def not the case (in general....always exceptions I guess). My oldest daughter, had all the grades & scores, etc. I have given 7 figures cumulatively to Rutgers and it did no good (and the powers that be knew she was applying because I made those calls). She got into a number of schools...
  10. J

    OT: New Jersey residents express broad-based positive opinions of Rutgers University

    This is 100% false (can speak from personal experience) historically, however sounds like the new president has a different view of this and could see a shift in legacy admits going forward. It certainly does impact donations. I used to be a donor, but given the experience I had w/Rutgers, my...
  11. J

    Park City RU watch

    No Name is great, but will be a total sh*t show trying to get in....this month is nuts in Park City. Boneyard Saloon is a locals place just outside downtown that's very good and won't have to deal with the BS if your looking for good food, beers and TVs
  12. J

    This Saturday it will be the 30 year anniversary of Atlantic 10 Championship

    Remember storming the court......the “Start Up the Bus” chant with a few minutes left....can’t believe that was 30 years ago
  13. J

    OT: Tokyo

    Been there like 40 times for work and I find it a very hard place to get out and do things unless those things are eating and drinking. I would have recommended to go see the tuna auctions at the Tsukiji market, but it recently closed. The only real sightseeing things are the Imperial Palace...
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football Wasserman’s College Football Top 10: Georgia soars to No. 1 after win at Alabama
  2. 02 On3 Football Shane Beamer's hot seat cooled Saturday as South Carolina buried Florida
  3. 03 On3 Football Mike Elko just made his biggest mistake as Texas A&M's head coach
  4. 04 On3 Football Brett McMurphy's college football AP Top 25 ballot after Week 6
  5. 05 On3 Football Alabama fans throw objects at Georgia players near tunnel, staffers urge players to wear helmets