Recent content by JakkL

  1. JakkL

    General Golf Thread

    Hopefully, there isn't a monsoon this time.
  2. JakkL

    ONO

    I don't see Ono anywhere other than 133. At 141 he will not be able to dominate his opponents and getting off of bottom could be a very real issue. At 133 he's a wrecking ball of speed and power.
  3. JakkL

    RIP Frank Beard, ZZ Top Drummer

    Loved the old stuff like deguello, cheap sunglasses, tube snake boogie and la grange. I got to see them once. I think it was on city island. Before my mom went into a nursing home I would take her on a drive to smitties soft pretzels and then Reeser's ice cream. Twice la grange came on the radio...
  4. JakkL

    OT: R.I.P Hayden Panettiere

    Save the cheerleader. Save the world. I guess we're all screwed now.
  5. JakkL

    EARLY 2026-27 lineup projections/discussions

    It is different because Iowa owes PSU a home dual from I think 2020.
  6. JakkL

    Former Yankees SP Tommy John pens 'goodbye' letter to fans amid health issues; Update - died 8/15/26

    The owner had been in baseball so he had connections to get players, but his wife ran the business side. They split up and he quit doing it.
  7. JakkL

    Former Yankees SP Tommy John pens 'goodbye' letter to fans amid health issues; Update - died 8/15/26

    He came to Doubleday Farms (it was a field of Dreams outside of Loysville) the week after he was at an all star game. He was not very friendly at all. I got a hit off of him my first at bat. The 2nd at bat he was not happy about me getting a hit and proceeded to show me up. I didn't celebrate in...
  8. JakkL

    2026 Pirates Thread

    The last CBA the players wanted a floor, but ultimately gave in to owners. Pirates fans need a floor to make Nutting spend at least a little bit.
  9. JakkL

    What's your "gut" season outlook as of today July 11?

    I think 9-3. Beat USC in the whiteout but lose a slog fest to MN like 17-13.
  10. JakkL

    RIP - Randolph Mantooth - Emergency Actor.

    Penn State tie in for Emergency. My freshman year at PSU Mont Alto (82-83) I was friends with a girl who said that her father created the real Emergency team that the show was based on. I think either in Washington or Oregon. I think she said that her father was an advisor on the show. If I...
  11. JakkL

    OT: Why does sponsor matter? Adidas vs Nike vs whoever

    It matters because Nike founder Knight bankrolls oregon athletics with money made off of selling PSU merchandise. The same goes for underarmor who's UMD alumni founders bankroll MD athletics. Yes. Nike paid us, but why would you ever want to help your opponent
  12. JakkL

    Learfield Cup Standings

    I believe that it was revenue sharing money, not NIL.
  13. JakkL

    Learfield Cup Standings

    21 is what you get when your FB coach ***** the bed and your AD appropriates money from hoops to buy a hockey player.
  14. JakkL

    Five in Five - What Might That Look Like?

    freshman, sophomore's, juniors, seniors and silver sneakers.
  15. JakkL

    OT: Your favorite retro pinball or video arcade games?

    82-83 in Mont Alto there was a general store on the square that had a back room with donkey Kong and asteroids, but my favorite games were Zaxxon, pole position, commando and spy Hunter. I own a 60-in-1 arcade with DK, Pac-Man, Zaxxon, etc. but I haven't played it in a couple of years. I should...
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football SEC considering restoration of transfer portal policy
  2. 02 College Football Playoff How much Big Ten, SEC programs could gain from College Football Playoff expansion
  3. 03 On3 Football Georgia's offensive line blends fifth-year wisdom and raw talent, but can it push around Alabama?
  4. 04 On3 Football Upset Alert: Josh Pate reveals concern level for notable Week 6 games
  5. 05 On3 Football Report: South Carolina star Dylan Stewart expected to return from suspension vs. Florida