Most of the kids commenting on McShane’s tweet won’t even get a look from us with the academic stats they’re touting. Kids with sub-3.0 gpa and sub-20 ACT. I wish them the best of luck at Harper Community College. Or UofI. Whichever’s easier.
add in Tommy Adebawore, who is descended from royalty in Nigeria, and we also have the Nigerian prince from those emails trying to give us that Gold (in the form of QB hurries, I presume)
Mr. Katona,
Speaking purely as an alum, I can say that your son would find no better opportunity than NU. Based on academic profile and measurables alone, he sounds like a great fit for our school and our program culture. The university at large ranks top 10 in the country, sure, but the...
I’d certainly echo these as top remaining priorities. 2 TEs, 2 more WRs for sure. Would love to see some more size/speed in the passing game pipeline. I think we can get away with just 1 RB, 1 QB, but doubling up on either would be nice. We’re off to a great start with big bodies and now have...
Ask and ye shall receive... TE Room Summer Viewing
Raine: All the Dan Vitale tape he can get his hands on. Like Vitale, dude is 6’2” the same way Rashawn Slater was his reported 6’5” in HS. Fortunately, my girl assures me that size doesn’t matter, at least for flex TEs.
Pugh: Step Brothers. NU...
Kitna seems like a likely candidate for the next offer. Don’t sleep on Heinrich Haarberg, though he may be tough to pull from NE if they offer. He made it to Evanston the last visit weekend before the dead period and holds a Harvard offer in addition to some P5 interest.
I’d be really surprised if we’re in for these guys but not Mike Smith from Columbia. Higher caliber target who should meet academic criteria. Chicagoland native and Fenwick grad (Scottie Lindsey’s alma mater). Maybe CCC is wary of competing with Arizona and Michigan for a 1-yr guy?
Yep, definitely projects to the interior at the next level. Dude’s 6’3” in heels, maybe. Credit to Slater himself and to his coaches (yes even Cushing) for coaxing 3 yrs of cornerstone tackle performance out of a guard’s body.
So far we’ve beaten out a total of 1 major conference team (‘Cuse) for a recruit this cycle. I trust our coaches evaluations, and I love Thompson’s tape and Gray’s academic chops, but I’d like to see us beat out the big boys for talent like we did last cycle. If we can sell Tiernan on joining...
Good call the ol’ debate over size vs. speed. Rarely do we get a guy with both (lookin at you, GHP). Perhaps one or more of these 3 will be in the next wave of offers?