Recent content by ILLHawk135

  1. I

    Honest Question about Jordan Williams

    Wonder if Duffy can push Estrada for the spot at all if Williams ends up being done. Duffy has a lot of potential and made big jumps throughout highschool. Would think he needs time before he could ever start for us but sometimes kids who are trending upwards make big gains quick in college.
  2. I

    Fargo preview/thread (RECAP now included)

    2 more. If Regan wins and youngblut loses his quarters match they’ll wrestle in the blood round.
  3. I

    Fargo preview/thread (RECAP now included)

    Regan and Duffy both win their first consi match. Regan beat a tough Carter chunko 10-7. Chunko was Fred Bachmann’s state final match this year. Duffy with a quick tech
  4. I

    Fargo preview/thread (RECAP now included)

    Kenny, youngblut, Bachmann, and mocco into the quarters. Kenny looked good teching a former Greco Fargo champ, controlled the whole match. Youngblut was about to tech his opponent but got the pin, mocco with a tech, and Bachman won 8-0 and has cassioppi next. Idk what happened with Duffy he...
  5. I

    Five in Five - What Might That Look Like?

    Hopefully we don’t lose anybody but most of our big recruits will probably have to sit a year. Kenny and shamus will have crookham or Nasir ahead of them. Maybe one of them could beat Nasir if they’re big enough?Maybe borge could get up to 57 and battle it out with Amato or block moves up and...
  6. I

    Recruiting….

    It’s just being realistic. Someone said that he was much more offensive when he was at the lighter weights which isn’t true. If you’ve watched Joe wrestle you’d see a lot of one takedown matches. He wins the large majority of those and nobody is saying he isn’t a good wrestler so no need to cry.
  7. I

    Recruiting….

    No he’s been pretty defensive his whole career. A lot of success but throughout his whole career in high level matches he’s consistently in 1 takedown matches.
  8. I

    Recruiting….

    Also a bit of a bummer #2 in the class of 2030 Evan restivo was at faith christian but now is going to state college area coached by Nickals dad which I’m sure mean he’ll be a Penn state kid for sure. O’farrill also leaving mccort to go there, didn’t think our odds were good with him being at...
  9. I

    Recruiting….

    Joe Bachmann goes 5-2 at junior duals. Lost to Rocco cassioppi 4-1 and haakon Peterson 2-1 who had just lost to Mac crosson. Same issue he has in every match he losses, no offense basically the whole match. Wasn’t dictating the hand fight and positioning well either so was the one getting put on...
  10. I

    Recruiting….

    Other guys to keep an eye out who seem to have a connect with the Bachmann’s is Jovani Tovar who idk what Willie has ranked on his big board but Flo had at #13 in the class and Brayden wenrich who they had at #25. Both small guys right now wrestling at 120 and 113 so we’ll see how they grow but...
  11. I

    Recruiting….

    Asher is at FCA. They have an extremely tough schedule too and 160 is a tough weight for a freshman. Still expected better results but he had a tough match with Zeno Moore at Ironman who was top 5 at his weight I believe. He didn’t place at Ironman or doc b and than at the end of the year idk if...
  12. I

    Recruiting….

    Did bacon get beat out of the spot or why didn’t he wrestle at the end of the year?
  13. I

    Recruiting….

    Where’d you get the info on Sammy being a huge psu lean? Wouldn’t be surprised, I think he’s the #1 guy in the class and would hope we at least attempt to get him.
  14. I

    PREVIEW: Iowa sending 14 current/future Hawkeyes to U23 Nationals & U20 World Team Trials

    Who’s the better option? There isn’t one on the current roster.
  15. I

    PREVIEW: Iowa sending 14 current/future Hawkeyes to U23 Nationals & U20 World Team Trials

    Some interesting results today already. Asher Cunningham lost to a D2 kid who had made a final Fargo against Melvin miller I believe a couple years ago. Antonio mills went 0-2 losing to farnsworth and munaretto which I wouldn’t have expected either result. What makes it more interesting is him...
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football A 24-team College Football Playoff would reshape the coaching carousel: 'It's like playoff or bust'
  2. 02 On3 Football Nine straight September Heisman favorites have flamed out. Is Jeremiah Smith next?
  3. 03 On3 Football Can Mike Norvell save his job at Florida State and does a road win at Louisville even matter?
  4. 04 On3 Football Will Stein to Kentucky players: 'If you don't believe in what we're doing, you are high'
  5. 05 On3 Football Will Stein reacts to LSU putting up fake Kenny Minchey quote in locker room