Recent content by IHSAfan207

  1. I

    Any Up-State Eight Observers or Fans?

    Great point, never thought about 3 divisions. If they add one more team to get to 15, it could look something like this: each team plays in division (4 games), cross divisions (2 games), and out of conference (3 games). And like the CCL the UEC could realign the divisions every 2 years. Div...
  2. I

    Any Up-State Eight Observers or Fans?

    The conference does not get much respect, in my area the surrounding schools think UEC is where schools go when you cant win in a "normal conference". I hate to say it, but its somewhat true. These better teams play in a conference where 60/70% of the schedule is clocked games, players get...
  3. I

    Any Up-State Eight Observers or Fans?

    This conference definitely has levels, with the lowest being very low. EA lost to top A Group teams the last 2 seasons: 25-26 Glenbard South 47 - 0 West Aurora 46 - 7 South Elgin 69 - 0 24-25 Glenbard South 41 - 7 West Aurora 47 - 6 South Elgin 55 - 0 Reason I like the realignment idea is...
  4. I

    Any Up-State Eight Observers or Fans?

    I agree but I just used the past 2 years stats which I believe they were 7-13 and did not make playoffs. They have strong youth program, not sure why it doesn't translate. That is why I also suggested the movement of top/bottom 2 every 2 years so when programs start to turn it around they have...
  5. I

    Any Up-State Eight Observers or Fans?

    Once you get to Glenbard South on list the the drop off is pretty big lately.
  6. I

    Any Up-State Eight Observers or Fans?

    The whispers of a conference realignment towards competitive balance might be coming true from what I hear. With exception of Fall Sports this year, all other sports will realign. Rumor now is next year Fall sports will realign. The struggle is real for some of these programs, almost always...
  7. I

    Playoff un-expansion

    As someone who has the pleasure of watching a conference with notoriously bad football, looking at the new playoff expansion rules through the stats of 2025, this year’s first few rounds might be brutal. In 2025, the conference I watch regularly, sent 6 teams to the postseason, finishing with an...
  8. I

    sportsmanship rule?

    Thank you, that makes sense, it was just the first time I seen it and that it happened twice in one game which made it stand out to me.
  9. I

    sportsmanship rule?

    Thanks. Yes it was def strange, since no penalty or ejection was given.
  10. I

    sportsmanship rule?

    Has anyone heard about what seems to be a new sportsmanship rule or point of emphasis? I was at a game this past weekend where they called some rule twice, leading to stoppages of over two minutes each time. The refs gathered together, and players from both teams were brought over for...
  11. I

    IHSA Football Ranking?

    Do you know if the Massie Ratings are ranked in order of State rankings? Or why the States are in the order they are?
  12. I

    State Championship Bracket (Wk3)

    I don't disagree. I could be wrong but I thought there was some obscure rule that teams cant petition up more then 2 classes? I guess my point is if the IHSA made the Championship Bracket a bylaw , schools wouldn't have choice and hopefully it would become desired regardless of conference...
  13. I

    State Championship Bracket (Wk3)

    First, appreciate your response. If this is something we find ourselves discussing year after year, I think that’s a strong indication that something isn’t working and it might be time for some change. Realistically, I don’t see many coaches who have the opportunity to compete in 3A...
  14. I

    State Championship Bracket (Wk3)

    Definitely some parents and coaches would complain. The counter would be if you don't want to prove you are the best and are selected next year you can use your opt out. I would be willing to bet the players would a want to a shot at the crown.
  15. I

    State Championship Bracket (Wk3)

    I believe one potential solution to help alleviate the yearly post season debates is for the IHSA to create a State Championship bracket to crown 1 true state champion, all the rest go to the normal Class XX Championships. Top 16 Teams in the State picked by a committee of former coaches and...
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football Brett McMurphy's college football AP Top 25 ballot after Week 6
  2. 02 On3 Football Shane Beamer's hot seat cooled Saturday as South Carolina buried Florida
  3. 03 On3 Football Mike Elko just made his biggest mistake as Texas A&M's head coach
  4. 04 On3 Football Alabama fans throw objects at Georgia players near tunnel, staffers urge players to wear helmets
  5. 05 On3 Football Kalen DeBoer confirms Ryan Coleman-Williams suffered head injury vs. Georgia