Recent content by ifer1116

  1. I

    FB - OFFICIAL SOUTH CAROLINA GAME THREAD - FB

    What happened to “definitive proof” to overturning a call on the field? Is that just out the window now?
  2. I

    Kentucky Football Uniform Concepts

    Gotta be honest, I hate these!
  3. I

    I think we destroy SC

    I'll take a win any way we can get one. To be 2-0 on the road in the SEC doesn't happen all that often for the Cats.
  4. I

    OH YEAH !! STEIN HAS THAT SWAGGER

    Awesome win! Defense looks really good! It's especially exciting to have an offense that we have confidence in. They had almost all the answers tonight. We can throw the ball and run the ball. Here's hoping the injury gods are good to us for the full season. This team is capable of going...
  5. I

    One big difference between Stein and Stoops teams...

    I think you mean the passing game was the thing Stoops was holding back.
  6. I

    Comparison: Mark Pope vs Scott Drew over the past two (2) seasons

    I'm gonna be totally honest, if Barnhart had signed Drew, I was gonna give up UK basketball until he was gone. We dodged a serious bullet. Can't believe he was even considered.
  7. I

    Will Stein has my support

    100%. The only "real" team for most of Stoops days was Georgia. Every other team in the East was WAYYY down. UT, Mizzou, Vandy, UF and USCjr were ALL bad for most of this time. Throw a few cupcakes in there and you've got 8+ wins seasons. I'm not saying Stoops didn't do a good job, he absolutely...
  8. I

    1995 SEC Tourney title game against Arkansas was arguably the most exciting SEC tourney game ever.

    I was there too. One of the best games I've ever seen in person.
  9. I

    Who has had the most hype of any incoming UK football player and ended up being a bust ?

    You know, A LOT of people consider Sam Bowie to have been a "bust" in the NBA. He averaged 12pts, 7.5rebs and a couple of blocks over a 10 year career. But, he had numerous injury issues, played about 50 games per year and had the unfortunate luck of being drafted 1 spot ahead of MJ. He had a...
  10. I

    Who has had the most hype of any incoming UK football player and ended up being a bust ?

    Well, he was drafted in the 10th round with the 261st pick. He only had about 1400 or so career yards for UK. Some people thought he had the talent to be up there with the best RBs of the 80s. He didn’t have an NFL career. He decided not to play due to injuries. So "yes", he was kind of a bust...
  11. I

    Who has had the most hype of any incoming UK football player and ended up being a bust ?

    Al Baker (RB) from Cadiz, KY (1985). He was projected to be really good with excellent speed and size at 6-1 220lbs. If I remember he had injury issues that kept him from ever becoming great. But he did play at UK for 4 years and was drafted by the Jets in 1991.
  12. I

    Why do Pope products really seem to struggle in the NBA

    Let me ask you this OP, do you think Cal was solely responsible for getting getting John Wall, Demarcus Cousins, KAT, AD, Booker and everyone else to the NBA and having them excel? Or, did he just recruit guys that ALWAYS had NBA level talent and skills that would've gotten there no matter which...
  13. I

    If you could pick one basketball season KY could have won it all which would it be?

    1984 for me. That was my first real heartbreak as a UK basketball fan. 3 for 33 in the second half, really?!?!?! Next is probably 2014-15, no doubt they were the best team, don’t really care that Duke won it, UK was better. Then 1996-97.
  14. I

    Players you remember with weird names

    Had a brother named Scientific Mapp,
  15. I

    NBA Reporter: NBA Executives believe Donovan could be intrigued with Kentucky

    I would love for Billy D to come to UK! Don’t care how long he’s been out of the college game, it doesn’t matter. He would bring instant credibility and would kill it here!
On3

Latest

  1. 01 College Football Playoff College Football Bowl Projections Week 6: Full list of matchups, playoff predictions
  2. 02 On3 Football Hot seat intel: Where things stand at South Carolina, TCU & more
  3. 03 College Football Playoff College Football Playoff prediction: Alabama rises after road win, Northwestern enters the bracket
  4. 04 Rivals Football Recruiting Oklahoma State is surging with former Big Ten commit -- and a visit is set
  5. 05 On3 Greg McElroy: Keelon Russell 'might be the best quarterback in the country by season's end'