Recent content by HOA242n!

  1. H

    EARLY 2026-27 lineup projections/discussions

    149 will be absolutely stacked this year. Do you have SVN beating Vega and Henson, not to mention Valencia?
  2. H

    EARLY 2026-27 lineup projections/discussions

    HUGE wildcard. He's definitely in the mix for an individual title, maybe the outright favorite, if it's the Kasak everybody saw in '25. But he definitely has not looked fully recovered based on his freestyle matches since. Response and recovery from TBIs are virtually impossible to predict - I...
  3. H

    Real American Freestyle

    Some weird matches, eg. Chimaev is going to absolutely ragdoll Lawler. They couldn't find someone better than a mid-40's former MMA fighter, who has like a 4" and 30lbs. disadvantage (based on size from his fighting days), and never was an elite wrestler to begin with?
  4. H

    ONO

    This. IMO Desmond could be really good at 133 but won't AA at 141, Blaze obviously will. Barring a growth spurt since last year, Desmond is way undersized for 141 and Blaze at least has the frame to get there. I am really hoping to see Ono.
  5. H

    The only robbery this year worse than Robideau vs Duke...

    The WMU head coach was incredibly composed considering his team was just robbed.
  6. H

    Why Social Media is enriching our lives, while it eats away at the fabric of our society.

    Yup, you pretty much said it, without saying it. This was in '05, I can only imagine the "variety" of people there now. My sister - 5yrs younger than me - went to Brown for undergrad. I visited her once while in the area for a work conference. Similar environment. She liked it, but let's just...
  7. H

    Why Social Media is enriching our lives, while it eats away at the fabric of our society.

    Very nearly went there for grad school, they offered me a ridiculous financial package. Then I visited; took about 30 seconds to realize it was not for me. I ended up going to a less prestigious university (with a similarly ranked program in my field), who offered a much less enticing financial...
  8. H

    Think big!

    My best friend is 5'4", a former college wrestler who is built like a freaking mack truck, and his wife is a nearly 6' human Barbie. They have 5 sons, the oldest two (14 and 12) already being quite a bit taller than their dad. We were swimming with them the other day and as she got up out of a...
  9. H

    EARLY 2026-27 lineup projections/discussions

    I saw an interview this week with a college coach, might have been Lanning, head coach of Oregon football. He said something to the effect of "NCAA sports are now almost indistinguishable from triple-A baseball." At least someone, who is getting obscenely wealthy off it, had the balls to admit...
  10. H

    EARLY 2026-27 lineup projections/discussions

    I agree. Unfortunately the NCAA screwed up things a long time ago with guys already getting 5th, 6th, 7th, even 8th years of eligibility, before NIL. Now, with the athletes getting paid, it's a total clusterfudge.
  11. H

    '26 U20 World Championships (8/16 - 23) thread

    He won U17 last year and he's 17 right now, so I think he actually has 2 more years U20.
  12. H

    '26 U20 World Championships (8/16 - 23) thread

    You just don't get athletes like that at heavyweight very often. Maybe not quite as athletic/explosive as Gable, but I can't name another heavy in the last 20yrs that is on their level (athletically), and he's a lot longer and should eventually get to 250+ while maintaining elite athleticism and...
  13. H

    '26 U20 World Championships (8/16 - 23) thread

    +1 He seems like a great young man to me (and I have zero issues with his social media persona) and I love his relentless wrestling style. His parents though, they should stay off social media.
  14. H

    EARLY 2026-27 lineup projections/discussions

    If my crystal ball is working, the guys who I expect to finish above SVN at 149 are all younger than him and there are FOUR past NCAA champions in the weight class next year. Do other (younger) guys, who have stood atop the podium before, not improve? Of course he'll improve, is his progression...
  15. H

    EARLY 2026-27 lineup projections/discussions

    Just another heehaw with an opinion, I don't see it. His shot was last season, in what was a really weak weight class. If the weight class plays out like it seems, I don't see him top-3 next year.
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football Hot seat intel: Where things stand at South Carolina, TCU & more
  2. 02 College Football Playoff College Football Playoff prediction: Alabama rises after road win, Northwestern enters the bracket
  3. 03 On3 Football This Alabama team has the makings of Kalen DeBoer's best and most complete
  4. 04 On3 Football Paul Finebaum reaffirms belief in Jon Sumrall despite Florida's blowout loss to Missouri
  5. 05 On3 Football Texas Tech fan claims to find Colorado playbook in hotel, leaks plays that match opening drive