Recent content by HipTer

  1. H

    Stein has a Jimmys and Joes problem (Same w Pope)

    And what does the OP even mean by “exciting” basketball? Not what you and I would, I think. I could be wrong, but I don’t look at the OP as a “troll.” I think he’s a younger person that is really more of a high school basketball recruiting and individual basketball personalities fan than...
  2. H

    Reese Alston Surprise Official Visit

    I also wouldn’t discount a sophomore M. Williams. We need to see how Williams, Diallo, and Wilkins pan out this season – maybe one or more enter the draft or transfer – but if he wants to avoid competition for playing time I could see him or “his people” thinking the PG spot might be a little...
  3. H

    Morton injured

    Assuming money is comparable, do you think Ruffin would come to UK as a likely backup at PG? I assume there are some places where he could go and have a clearer path to a starting spot, but that's a guess.
  4. H

    Morton injured

    I'm afraid losing Morton would hurt more than we may realize. If his injury is season-ending it would seem that M. Williams may have to play a ton. I think he's a special talent when it comes to shooting touch (3pt. & mid-range) and he's got a solid body. . . BUT he's a freshman and I'd rather...
  5. H

    Paul Osaruyi might be deciding soon after UK visit

    Certainly seems to have a ton of upside.
  6. H

    Paul Osaruyi might be deciding soon after UK visit

    I think UK is a better program than that - or should be.
  7. H

    BB: First Official Practice Video

    Who outside of the team personnel get to watch practice? For example, I think Jack Givens (and maybe Tom Leach too) watches regularly. I would like to read or listen to their thoughts.
  8. H

    OT: RIVALS getting very bad PR due to the fact of their Charges to recruits

    A few months ago I read one of these evaluators admit that sometimes ranking order is based on the representatives and others involved with a player – even saying that when it’s pretty even between two players one kid may be ranked higher because the evaluator didn’t want to have to deal with...
  9. H

    What is the latest on Lewis Uvwo?

    Would you rather have Lewis Uvwo or Paul Osaruyi as the freshman center option? I assume UK will also get a Center, maybe even the likely presumed starting Center, from the Portal, but one of these guys would nevertheless likely play a lot. I don’t put any stock in recruiting rankings in regard...
  10. H

    Comparison: Mark Pope vs Scott Drew over the past two (2) seasons

    I don't know who the legitimate options were for UK when Pope was hired. But I think the decision should have been made by consulting people with a deep understanding of the coaching talent out there, particularly at the mid-major level. If this is Pope's last season, I really hope a detailed...
  11. H

    WHEN DID KEPNANG GET A 3PT. SHOT?

    It was the last practice where people and the media were invited at the last minute.
  12. H

    WHEN DID KEPNANG GET A 3PT. SHOT?

    From what I saw in the practice video Frank Kepnang had the purest 3pt. shooting form of any of the Bigs – and I think maybe even better than N’diaye and McBride. I was very surprised by that. I expected Amari Williams’ bad. Instead, I saw a quick smooth confident release with not a lot of...
  13. H

    Mark Pope deserves a massive "atta boy." Well done, coach.

    Being able to coax high school OAD kids to come to your program is what I think most associate with being a good recruiter. I guess that - and likewise being able to convince top portal players to come to your school – does fit the term “recruiting” pretty well. So, I don’t think you disagreeing...
  14. H

    Missing on Stokes was a blessing in disguise

    If “first-rounder” is another word for post-season college All-American, then I care. Otherwise . . .
  15. H

    I havent enjoyed the Mark Pope Era...

    There’s a good chance Pope isn’t the guy for this job or fanbase. But to be fair, I get the impression that your issue has more to do with the fact that you’re a big fan of high school recruiting rankings and projected one-and-done draft positions. And I mean high school recruiting and landing...
On3

Latest

  1. 01 Miami vs. Clemson: Live updates, stats & game chat
  2. 02 On3 Football This Alabama team has the makings of Kalen DeBoer's best and most complete
  3. 03 On3 Football This isn't the offense Michigan paid for when it signed Bryce Underwood
  4. 04 On3 Football AP Poll Prediction: Projecting Top 25 ranking after Week 5 of college football
  5. 05 On3 Football Matt Rhule blasts officiating in Nebraska-Maryland game: 'It was ridiculous'